Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Garden Walk Garden Junk

jeannespines
14 years ago

Went on a garden walk this mo. & took a few pics of GJ to add to my "future projects" folder! Always alot of fun!

Here's a "boot idea" ...

{{gwi:148783}}

Here's an old window with old barnwood idea...I fell in luv with this one!

{{gwi:158241}}

Here's another view...the scenery in the window was an old painting ...looks like you could buy a cheap print from GW or TS's...don't know how long it would last...but this one showed some wear:

{{gwi:158241}}

I thought this old whiskey barrel was pretty cool with the old barnwood condo bdhse & sedum plant (live-forevers:

{{gwi:158242}}

And here's a close-up of that whiskey barrel...such a cute idea adding that kitty:

{{gwi:158244}}

Just wanted to share! Jeanne S.

Comments (14)

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

How adorable it all is!!! Great Eye Candy!!! Now I wanna make a shoe house!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Beautiful!! Show us your finished projects, I love them all!! The shoe is a great project, I'll look for another 1 in the street!!LOL Wonder if TS ever gets in just 1!! Jan

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

I too love the boot idea. I wonder if I could use an old cowboy boot for that. The window is great too, but I also wonder how long the print would last...maybe you could find a way to seal it so that the moisture couldn't get to it. Like seal it between two pieces of glass using silicone or something...

Hey Jan why only buy one boot? If you get two you can always share the second one with a garden buddy or save it for the next Secret Gift Exchange on here. I bet most people would love to get an old boot in their gift box. Now, anyone else off of this site might look at you a little weird or take offense in you giving them one old boot as a gift. But us junkers would think it was the greatest thing since the garden glove was invented. Just a thought...

~Micki~

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Jeanne, that barnwood window shelf has your name written all over it! Especially with the tree cut-outs. Love the boot, but my favorite is the birdhouse barrel.
    Think it would be ok to add some of these pix to our Inspiration album?

hugs, Karen

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

Jeanne, I can see how all that barnwood would get your heart a thumpin'! A friend of mine makes the birdhouse boots for shows. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the barrel. I might have to make me one of those. THanks for posting these.

Arlene

• nonacook
    14 years ago

All 3 of those things that you saw on the "GARDEN WALK" are wonderful! Our garden club has 7-8 gardens on a 'walk' each year, and for various reasons I have never gone. I did work at 1 garden one year, but didn't go to the others.
    I especially like the roof on the boot. Do you suppose she actually cut all those shingles to fit?

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I see I put the same pic twice on the barnwood/window project...here's the other view.

Purplemoon...add any pics you wish to inspir. album...garden walks are open for the public/fundraisers & anyone can take & share pics...I always find some good "card" photos on these walks.

I'm wondering if the boot roof was recycled from a worn out birdhouse??? So cute! And the print behind the glass being weather worthy has me a bit stumped...so thanks for the idea, smick.

thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:158245}}

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Jeanne TFS. The shooe house is real cute. I think any of the pix would look good in a setting like this.

Kat

• calicocat1967
    14 years ago

I love the whiskey barrel idea. I am always looking for ways to add height to my gardens. Thanks for the pics.

Kim

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

VERY PRETTY!!! LOVE the window idea and the birdhouses in the whiskey barrel!! Thanks for sharing them with us Jeanne! You find the neatest things!

• cait1
    14 years ago

"There was an old woman who live in a shoe. She had so many children, she didn't know what to do!"

My Dmother would recite that all the time and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw that boot. Now I'll have to make one.

Love all your pics. You are a master with the camera!

• luckygal
    14 years ago

I love it all! The patina on that wood is wonderful and the cat is a cute touch! So many good ideas. TFS

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

I love them all !!! esp. the wb with bh .The window you could use mirrows in it .

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I wonder if you couldn't decoupage the print onto a board or glass, then use several coats of outdoor poly to protect it from sun and water?

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz