Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo Charlie

Posted by sprout_wi z4 WI (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 1:25

"Homeless" man creates his own universe from things he finds while dumpster diving and scavenging after dark. See video on page one, but also read the interesting article on page two.
-Sprout

Here is a link that might be useful: Bamboo Charlie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo Charlie

God Bless Bamboo Charlie! An orginal Garden Junker! This is L.A. where Simon Rodia built his Watts Towers. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder and somehow hearing and reading his story reminds me

"The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being."

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

This article means a lot to me because as a child of very hardworking poor parents we lived in Boyle Heights and Watts, not the greatest of neighborhoods but someone gave me a listening ear so that I could achieve my dreams!

God Bless
NanaGrandma

o

God bless him!! I have a neighbor that lives on the streets to try and help the homeless. He comes home on the weekends. I see alot of people with signs and breaks my heart and I do give once in awhile, seems like it is a really long light when I am sitting there waiting for it to turn greeen, when someone is standing there with a help sign.
Lisa

o

What a creative and motivated man. Despite what ever is keeping him from the "real world" he makes beauty and meaning where he is.
What a lesson.
Kathy

o

Bless his heart!! What an amazing person with an incredible attitude - making the best of what he has. Thank you so much for sharing... :)

o

Pretty cool, I've always thought that we each have our own path to follow and I'm glad that he can find beauty on his.
Frou

o

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed it!!! He is my kinda people!!!

o

yes

thanks was good to see

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here