Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my other Monday project

Posted by grandma_cindy 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 2:48

I am so tired from all the festivities yesterday, and the heat yesterday and today, I stayed in the house crafting this afternoon. The flamingo and other glass tower were 2 projects; here is #3 out of 4.
I've had these slate tiles for >5 yrs but hadnt done anything with it till now.
These are for my sons & their families for Christmas, but dont know if I can wait that long to give it to them LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Welcome slates

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my other Monday project

So sorry your all worn out, but it sure didn't slow you down. The tiles are beautiful and very well done, I know they will be appreciated by your sons. The fact that you had them for 5 years gives me hope for some of my projects.
Frou

o

Will look great for welcoming friends! Nice & festive! Jeanne S.

o

Good Job!!!

o

Great job Cindy! I with you...don't know if I could wait until Christmas to give them.

o

Great job on the tiles! They would have been awesome for the 4th of July ... but there is still Labor Day and Veterans Day if you can't hold out for Christmas. Ok, I gotta know ... did you paint the stars or are they stickers or stamps? They are so perfect! I'd have trouble with the lines without tape let alone be able to get little stars like that so perfectly shaped.

o

LOL Luna - they're stencils; and I did draw faint pencil lines with a ruler for the flag & lettering. Otherwise you'd have to lean your head sideways to read it! :-D

o

Your tiles came out very nice!! Families should be proud to put those up! Jan

o

Very cool!!!

o

Very nice!
Aren't you an organized person to be making Christmas gifts now. I'm just thinking I'd better get going on something for this Saturday!
Kathy

o

LUV'EM!!!!!! :D

Nanagrandma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here