Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
door windows-last project today

Posted by grandma_cindy 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 2:55

Day late, dollar short, thats me LOL
Got my 4-paned window/door completed finally! The top pane got broke out, so will probably replace it with plywood, and either paint a name or phrase on it, or paint it with chalkboard paint.

DO you think it needs a background color, or leave it as is? I just need to seal the front, and I'm done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
duh - pic

would help, huh!

Here is a link that might be useful: whole - completed

o
RE: door windows-last project today

top window pic

Here is a link that might be useful: top sect

o
middle door windows

middle window pic

Here is a link that might be useful: middle sect

o
last today

top section

Please remember, I did NOT draw these pics. I traced them onto the glass, then colored them.
To emphasize, do they need a background?

Here is a link that might be useful: top sect

o

I think they look great without -- easier for the light to pass. What kind of paint did you use? I have 2 door panels waiting to be done.....they're on the list....

o

Excellent paint job. I too wonder what kind of paint you decided on. The colors are very vivid and nice. I think whether to paint the back ground depends on where you put it and whether it will be viewed from both sides or just the front. See how it looks with the background that you see thru the glass.
You could do a partial background by painting a star or a circle or what ever shape (or non shape such as several wide brush strokes) you decide behind each motif for emphasis without covering all the glass. This might be nice if you are going to see it from both sides. Then you would have nice stars(or whatever) on the back which might make more sense than backwards words. You could even paint words or other pics on the shape for back viewing.

Remember to add a pic of the final and where you put it!

Kathy

o

Looks great! I like it just the way it is without a background.

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 10:24

Love it just as is!!! Don't touch it! Greeeeaat job!

o

What a nice window to work on and you did an outstanding job. I think it's fine as is. I too want to know about the paint.
Frou

o

Thanks all. I used Folk Art Enamels, as recommended by the ladies on HGTV craft board.

I dont know that I have anywhere to hang it where it wouldnt be buffeted by the weather - our house is pretty exposed. Actually, I'm hoping to sell it LOL I have no idea what to charge, so I'll have to research that, maybe on Etsy?

Now I have 2 more windows to play with.......

o

Nice festive patterns you have chosen...and painted, too! I like it, as is. Good work! Jeanne S.

o

I agree that it looks great the way it is. Even though you traced the designs, you still did a great job painting them. It is something that would be pretty in the house or in the garden. Great job!

o

Looks great!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here