Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandma_cindy

door windows-last project today

grandma_cindy
13 years ago

Day late, dollar short, thats me LOL

Got my 4-paned window/door completed finally! The top pane got broke out, so will probably replace it with plywood, and either paint a name or phrase on it, or paint it with chalkboard paint.

DO you think it needs a background color, or leave it as is? I just need to seal the front, and I'm done.

Comments (13)

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

would help, huh!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:158956}}

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

top window pic

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:159028}}

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

middle window pic

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:159029}}

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

top section

Please remember, I did NOT draw these pics. I traced them onto the glass, then colored them.
    To emphasize, do they need a background?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:159028}}

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

I think they look great without -- easier for the light to pass. What kind of paint did you use? I have 2 door panels waiting to be done.....they're on the list....

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Excellent paint job. I too wonder what kind of paint you decided on. The colors are very vivid and nice. I think whether to paint the back ground depends on where you put it and whether it will be viewed from both sides or just the front. See how it looks with the background that you see thru the glass.
    You could do a partial background by painting a star or a circle or what ever shape (or non shape such as several wide brush strokes) you decide behind each motif for emphasis without covering all the glass. This might be nice if you are going to see it from both sides. Then you would have nice stars(or whatever) on the back which might make more sense than backwards words. You could even paint words or other pics on the shape for back viewing.

Remember to add a pic of the final and where you put it!

Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Looks great! I like it just the way it is without a background.

• cait1
    13 years ago

Love it just as is!!! Don't touch it! Greeeeaat job!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

What a nice window to work on and you did an outstanding job. I think it's fine as is. I too want to know about the paint.
    Frou

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all. I used Folk Art Enamels, as recommended by the ladies on HGTV craft board.

I dont know that I have anywhere to hang it where it wouldnt be buffeted by the weather - our house is pretty exposed. Actually, I'm hoping to sell it LOL I have no idea what to charge, so I'll have to research that, maybe on Etsy?

Now I have 2 more windows to play with.......

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Nice festive patterns you have chosen...and painted, too! I like it, as is. Good work! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I agree that it looks great the way it is. Even though you traced the designs, you still did a great job painting them. It is something that would be pretty in the house or in the garden. Great job!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Looks great!!!