Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Couch Potato & Tigger

Posted by tinfoilhat (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 3:30

My Bench grinder died and when I took it apart the shields looked like cat faces. Added them to old fuel filter canisters, valve springs, RR spikes, spider gears, timing chain, and a part from my SS Box to make 100% recycled kittens.
Couch Potato is an indoor Lap Cat, his short legs are sufficient to waddle from couch to cat bowl and back. His eyes are spider gears with the gear faces painted purple. I kept moving him around because I couldn't get a pose where his eyes showed the color or depth in a photo.
Yard Art,Garden Art,Recycled Art,Found Art,Garden Junk,Whimsical Art,Welded Art

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Couch Potato & Tigger

oh man....those are way too cute. I love cats, and have an orange tabby housecat too.
I'll pick yours up when I come get the Roadrunner.
LOL.
In my dreams!

hugs, Karen

o

What happy cats!! They are both VERY cute! Especially like the orange one with his bright blue eyes and even the pads on his feet! Great job!

o

How in the world you could see a CAT from dismantling your bench grinder!!! Love your recycling! FUN! These would be great in a 'children's garden,' too! Keep 'enjoying' your good work! (I do!) TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love cats! These are great. So creative!
Kathy

o

Your cats are absolutely wonderful! You are so creative! I love them.

Marylee

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 21:14

Dude, I want the black one!! Well done! I wish I had a welding kit.

o

I bet the black one is really great looking in person with purple eyes! Orange one with blue eyes is interesting too, amazing that your tool had "2 cat faces" You put them to good use! Jan

o

I love these cats!!
No litter box needed!!! LOL

o

I love both of them. Boy, the talent you have. Wish you could send some my way!

o

I wish I could see the world through your eyes ... I bet there'd never be a dull moment . You see things the rest of us can't !

Awesome kitties !!

o

I really need to get fitted for a tin hat so I can come up with these awesome ideas! Love both cats.

o

You have the most amazing imagination. I love both the cats, especially the orange.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here