Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teddy Bank

Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 4:15

Well, it was a bank.

I used mugs with teddy bears on them for the mosaic.

He was sitting on my shelf for about 2 months, ungrouted, and decided it was time to finish him.

Teddy

Teddy

Teddy

Enjoy!
Cait

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teddy Bank

Cait, that is just too cute! I love the teddy bear mosaics
you used. Makes him really special!

hugs, Karen

o

Cutest bears within a bear but I especially like his big Green Eyes they look so sweet you just want to give him a hug!

Sylvia/Nanagrandma

o

Using the bear mugs was a great idea. I like the green eyes and the pink grout too.
Kathy

o

Great bear!

o

Awwwww, he is just delightful and you are so smart to use the bear mugs to do him. I haven't thought about using mugs for mosaics, and they are usually the cheapest thing at TSs and GSs. Great idea.
Frou

o

too cute!

o

That is cute!!

o

I can Bear-ly stand how adorable he is! Good job!

o

My, what BIG eyes you have!! He is so cute...love the eyes and the teddy bear mugs you used to mosaic him!

o

He is so cute! Great job!

o

Just a darn CUTIE, that's all I can "bear-ly" say! TFS, cait...is this a "winter" project? Jeanne S.

o

Wonder a clever idea to use teddy bear patterns for a teddy bear! And you did an outstanding job of recreating the teddy bear patterns. I have broken up patterned pieces like that and then had a heck of a time getting them back in place. lol! Or is that just my ineptitude? Where did you find the eyes for him?

o

He's so cute!!Jan

o

That bear is so cute, did u name him? How long did it take you?

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 3, 10 at 12:11

Thanks everyone!

Jeanne, I did the bear over summer, along with a couple of pots that I've yet to take pics of. I've been very bad by not showing you guys what I've been up to!

Luna, the eyes are those half marbles. I almost always put my patterns back together again. Must be the Humpty Dumpty syndrome!

Indylisa, I have no idea how long but quite awhile since I only work on my mosaics for about two hours a night while I watch TV. And no, I haven't named him because I'm thinking of selling him along with some mosaiced pots I've done. I found a place where they said they would buy my pots and I'm thinking of asking if they'd like him, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here