Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinfoilhat

Meep Meep

tinfoilhat
12 years ago

It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted here of the flowers and greenery in your yards gave me a bad case of greenish envy. The microwave said the only thing to cure it was build something humorous and colorful.

{{gwi:159343}}

It's too hot to go bare footed.

{{gwi:159344}}

Roadrunner stands 57" high. Made with 100 % found and recycled material.

In an unrelated note: When I opened Photobucket to get the pictures out there were a bunch of girls up in the corner of page. I thought, my God I have followers and they're all sweet young things. My heart was all aflutter till the microwave pointed out it was an ad for Match. com.

I am sooo depressed.

Comments (30)

• tasymo
    12 years ago

Excellent! I loved it when all I could see was the tip of his tail and his head... then the body... then the shoes! Those really crack me up!!

• giggles1
    12 years ago

I actually PREFER "fun" stuff to the standard perfectly laid out garden!
    This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!
    When we bought our FL home this year, I told my hubby I would have the front of the house all manicured, prim & proper, (I do want to make a giant mosaic lizard - similar to Sea serpent Lori made for a spot under some palms tho) BUT... the back would be our FUN area - right from the sliding glass door, through the screen cage, right down to the canal! I want the passing boater's to feel my "happy" too.
    I've just begun, sure wish I had something like this running in there!!! You just HAVE to smile!
    KUDOs!

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Love your roadrunner and your spider. Good job.

Marylee

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Love metal art!!!!!

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

That's great, Meep Meep could only mean roadrunner of course.

Love it, I haven't seen our real roadrunner this year at all so that works. Probably too hot even for roadrunners.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

BIG SMILE!!!! He is so darn cute....love the shoes and the colors. His partner sitting beside him is cute too. Thanks for sharing pics.

• 9bark
    12 years ago

Ahaha! Deceiving ads! This is top shelf craftmanship! I love it hard!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

WOW,Tin...you did THE Roadrunner just perfectly. Love those running shoes. Love him! I was always a fan of the Roadrunner and this brings back great memories of childhood cartoon watching and favorite characters. Even tho I'm in AZ, I still couldn't drive down and sneak him off one night, lucky you. He probably weighs more than I can lift anyway. LOL.
    So is Wiley Coyote in your future plans?

I am so sorry all those pretty young girls weren't in your fan club. If only they knew you as well as we do, I'm sure they would be. Would you settle for some middle-aged (or older) ladies who are DEFINITELY big fans of yours?

hugs, Karen

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

You Rock!!!!!!!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Jeepers! Blue is just as pretty as 'green' round here! This is quite an eye-opener in the morning! Great recycling! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Jack, you are THE man!! LOVE the Roadrunner!! He is perfect...the beak is awesome! Your spider is just too cute too! And you are TOO funny....so sorry that the girls were just from an ad....you do have a fan club though...even though I'm not sure many of us would fit the "young things" category!

• jlily
    12 years ago

This "old bird" definitely does NOT fit into the sweet young thing catagory! But I am sure an admirer of your handy-work. He is adorable!! Thanks for sharing! Jlily

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

That's 1 cool blue dude on the run!!Love those sneakers! That little green friend looks like he is eager to hitch a ride to a cool oasis & they can both kickback until Az. cools down! I was just thinking that the body of roadrunner could be an old metal 2 gal. thermos jug,would be smaller but would work if anyone has 1 in garage or attic. Nice work, you must have been welding at midnite to get those done! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Totally awesome, dude! Love him! Yes, you have a number of women who greatly admire you and your skills but I think most of us are sweet middle-age things. lol He looks right at home there in Arizona.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Fabulous! And the sneakers! Thank you for making me laugh out loud.
    Kathy

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    12 years ago

I say it is incomplete!

I want to see Mr. coyote also!

dcarch LOLOL

• rafor
    12 years ago

Love the sneakers!!!! And that's the only spider I've seen that I actually like LOL!

• tinfoilhat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I already have a coyote in the yard. This is an old picture of him. He's pretty much buried in wild flowers now. Those are the 9000' high Catalina Mts. in background.
    {{gwi:159345}}

Note about even older gals: In the AR town my dad is retired in is a VFW full of WWII vintage widows. It is the place to be when they have pot luck. They are great gals and I always kid them about leaving my DW and running off with them. A few years ago I was there on my birthday and this wonderful woman, 87 years young, asks me how old I am. I say 57 and she reaches out her hand to hold mine and says, "Oh honey, I'm sorry, you're too old for me now."

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Tinfoil, Cute of that lady, I'll bet you were the youngest guy there tho! I like your view!! Your mountains look kind of white, was that winter snow? Mine aren't quite that rugged & they are building up the sides of them, hope they don't go high enough so I can see the houses. Lots of open space out there so can see why you have so many critters coming around(besides the ones you make)LOL Jan

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Those are just tooooooooooo cute..Job well done.
    Kathi

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh my! The coyote pic...what a view! TFS! Jeanne S.
    enjoy! enjoy! (hopefully, retirement & keep creating!)

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

Everything is awesome as usual ! How the heck can you work in that heat ? -- Especially welding ! .... Just thinking of you out in that heat makes me worry .

*** But keep on keeping on ...I love to see your pictures :)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Wonderful story about the old gal saying she wanted a younger man. LOL.

Your coyote is great, but too realistic to be Wiley..so you still need to make him for the Roadrunner. ;o)

The Catalinas are a fantastic view for you to enjoy. That is what I miss living in Phoenix, can't see the mtns from my house. I'd love a view of the Superstitions if I could have it. Tho I don't have to go very far to see Camelback Mtn. Its pretty cool, just not that big compared to yours.

hugs, Karen

hugs, Karen

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

That is the BEST Roadrunner I ever saw, He screams "Movement"!!!

• lizzardly
    12 years ago

Love the road runner and the pic of the mountains. Since we moved to FL the only mountains I've seen have been the landfills in the distance from Rt. 95.

I agree though he'll get lonely without his cartoon pal Wile E. Would be really cool to have both of them.

• Rusty
    12 years ago

LOVE that roadrunner ! ! ! !
    But I agree with the others.
    He definitely needs Wile E. Coyote around.
    Who's going to keep him on his toes without Wile E.? ? ?

Your talent, imagination and sense of humor are fantastic.
    Thank you for sharing ! !

Rusty

• october17
    12 years ago

He is awesome! Now, make a Wile E. Make a Wile E. Please! I just love Wile E. expressions.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

What a fantastic mountain back yard.

The realistic coyote looks very natural there. But hardly the type to bother your road rummer, its true.
    Kathy

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

I had to bump this back up.
    I was just perusing the garden junk art on pinterest and lo and behold!
    I spotted a lovely blue roadrunner that I knew well!
    I said to myself, hummm that right there is tinfoils roadrunner!
    Sure enough it was!
    You just never know where old tinfoil is going to show up!
    MeepMeep

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz