Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bottle Tree Site

Posted by lindasewandsew 9 So Calif (lindasewandsew@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Jul 1, 09 at 4:23

This website may have been posted before. Lots of bottle tree photos here and great ideas. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottle Tree Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bottle Tree Site

Wow such eye candy. My fav I think is the one out of Savannah GA, that is like a topiary. tfs

Kat

o

That is completely amazing! Thank you for posting this link, Linda. I had not seen it before.

o

Ohhh Eye Candy!!! LUV IT!!!!

o

Wonderful Creativity!! Thanks for the show!! Jan

o

Great site. I've never seen anything like that topiary one!
Got lots of blue bottles saved up gotta do something!
kathy

o

Thanks for that link, Linda! I love bottle trees. I've been saving bottles but don't have nearly enough yet. This got me thinking (my DH says that's dangerous) that maybe I can use other colored glass and hang them somehow. Hmmm...

o

Awesome. I printed out a couple of them. My family just doesn't get the bottle tree thing....I think they add a colorful element to my yard.

Kim

o

Darlin' Linda!!!!!!! Thanks for the post. Now we know what all TooMuchGlass could do with that welding equipment!!!! I've been missing you. Anymore update on your tiered backyard????

o

So amazing! I surely want one now. Can't wait to show DH. It'll get his thinkwheels turning ~ ha.

o

I hadn't found this site in all my night-time browsing for stuff. TFS. I loved looking thru it. That first photo of the stained glass bottle tree art really is neat. Wouldn't that look great in the garden!

hugs, Karen

o

I was looking through old post and came across this...I have a question...what all comes in the blue bottles? I know sky vodka and I don't drink anymore..anything else?
Lisa

o

There is some sparkling water in some of the 'expensive' stores that come in blue bottles. I haven't found anything else in my area. You can go on line and buy blue bottles by the case, and sometimes singly. I have bought a few, but I am lucky enough to have friends that drink 'blue bottle' wine, and they save their bottles for me.

o

Lisa, If all else fails, my wife found various sizes of blue wine bottles at a beer/wine making supply store...$2 and $3. Also, people have asked local bars to save them. I found some smaller wine bottles at WalMart and Target too. We also have found some at World Market. Have fun collecting! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

Ohhhhhh man........... I shouldn't have looked .

I KNEW IT -- I KNEW IT --- Now I want to make bottle trees ! ( surprise surprise LOL )

What an awesome sight ... If I lived to be 300 years old , that still won't be enough time to accomplish all I would like to .

o

Thanks for info on bottles. May take awhile to collect enough, that means I can never quit yardsales...lol

o

Felder Rushing is a GREAT gardener and junker. You can tell he loves bottle trees by all the photos he has collected. If you have time go to his site
Felderrushing.net
to see his water saving ideas, etc. He also has a radio show that you can hear. He was in Pensacola last year but I did not get to go to the lecture.

o

I love the bottle tree fountain! Imagine this was at the New England Flower Show and I never went!

I'm glad this thread was revived. The pitchfork tines adorned with bottles inspired me to add bottles to my old rusted pitchfork tops that I planted in concrete along our walking path.

o

well, my message from last night didn't show up! i missed this before Linda, thanks for sharing the link and photos..The Shed is nearby and I pass by it all the time, they have a bandstand and play blues there. It's full of rusty goodness, all kinds of great junk! my MS coast electric power bulletin just had an article about garden junk art/yard art! i have til september to enter photographs :D if you want to check out the cool junk the Shed Heds have:look at photo galleries
http://www.theshedbbq.com/ordereze/Content/22/Summary.aspx

Here is a link that might be useful: The Shed

o

those are just awesome! I love the fountain one the best!

o

The Shed sounds like a really cool place, kudzukween. Thanks for posting the link. Their bottle tree on the bottle tree site is really neat. Lucky you to live so nearby!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here