Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Bottle Tree Site

lindasewandsew
14 years ago

This website may have been posted before. Lots of bottle tree photos here and great ideas. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottle Tree Photos

Comments (20)

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Wow such eye candy. My fav I think is the one out of Savannah GA, that is like a topiary. tfs

Kat

• spedigrees z4VT
    14 years ago

That is completely amazing! Thank you for posting this link, Linda. I had not seen it before.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Ohhh Eye Candy!!! LUV IT!!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Wonderful Creativity!! Thanks for the show!! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Great site. I've never seen anything like that topiary one!
    Got lots of blue bottles saved up gotta do something!
    kathy

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Thanks for that link, Linda! I love bottle trees. I've been saving bottles but don't have nearly enough yet. This got me thinking (my DH says that's dangerous) that maybe I can use other colored glass and hang them somehow. Hmmm...

• calicocat1967
    14 years ago

Awesome. I printed out a couple of them. My family just doesn't get the bottle tree thing....I think they add a colorful element to my yard.

Kim

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Darlin' Linda!!!!!!! Thanks for the post. Now we know what all TooMuchGlass could do with that welding equipment!!!! I've been missing you. Anymore update on your tiered backyard????

• lamb716
    14 years ago

So amazing! I surely want one now. Can't wait to show DH. It'll get his thinkwheels turning ~ ha.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I hadn't found this site in all my night-time browsing for stuff. TFS. I loved looking thru it. That first photo of the stained glass bottle tree art really is neat. Wouldn't that look great in the garden!

hugs, Karen

• indylisa
    13 years ago

I was looking through old post and came across this...I have a question...what all comes in the blue bottles? I know sky vodka and I don't drink anymore..anything else?
    Lisa

• nonacook
    13 years ago

There is some sparkling water in some of the 'expensive' stores that come in blue bottles. I haven't found anything else in my area. You can go on line and buy blue bottles by the case, and sometimes singly. I have bought a few, but I am lucky enough to have friends that drink 'blue bottle' wine, and they save their bottles for me.

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Lisa, If all else fails, my wife found various sizes of blue wine bottles at a beer/wine making supply store...$2 and $3. Also, people have asked local bars to save them. I found some smaller wine bottles at WalMart and Target too. We also have found some at World Market. Have fun collecting! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Ohhhhhh man........... I shouldn't have looked .

I KNEW IT -- I KNEW IT --- Now I want to make bottle trees ! ( surprise surprise LOL )

What an awesome sight ... If I lived to be 300 years old , that still won't be enough time to accomplish all I would like to .

• indylisa
    13 years ago

Thanks for info on bottles. May take awhile to collect enough, that means I can never quit yardsales...lol

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Felder Rushing is a GREAT gardener and junker. You can tell he loves bottle trees by all the photos he has collected. If you have time go to his site
    Felderrushing.net
    to see his water saving ideas, etc. He also has a radio show that you can hear. He was in Pensacola last year but I did not get to go to the lecture.

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

I love the bottle tree fountain! Imagine this was at the New England Flower Show and I never went!

I'm glad this thread was revived. The pitchfork tines adorned with bottles inspired me to add bottles to my old rusted pitchfork tops that I planted in concrete along our walking path.

• kudzukween
    13 years ago

well, my message from last night didn't show up! i missed this before Linda, thanks for sharing the link and photos..The Shed is nearby and I pass by it all the time, they have a bandstand and play blues there. It's full of rusty goodness, all kinds of great junk! my MS coast electric power bulletin just had an article about garden junk art/yard art! i have til september to enter photographs :D if you want to check out the cool junk the Shed Heds have:look at photo galleries
    http://www.theshedbbq.com/ordereze/Content/22/Summary.aspx

Here is a link that might be useful: The Shed

• coppertop367
    13 years ago

those are just awesome! I love the fountain one the best!

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

The Shed sounds like a really cool place, kudzukween. Thanks for posting the link. Their bottle tree on the bottle tree site is really neat. Lucky you to live so nearby!

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!