Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Gnomes

Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 4:26

I was telling my GF that I haven't found a concrete gnome in ages and then decided to check out ebay. Now the only time I ever saw concrete gnomes on ebay was about 5 years ago and they were up in Queensland (I'm in Victoria - that's a distance of say NY to FL) so I wasn't really very hopeful.

But then again, ya nevuh know.

And LO and Behold! Two of the most gorgeous vintage gnomes and only about 3 hours away! So I place my bid and got them for only $10 each. Too much, you say? Well, these are mega size gnomes! The smaller one is 19" tall and the other is 26" tall. And that tall one is HEAVY! I'm in Gnome Heaven!

Photobucket

I will not be touching up the paint on the bigger one, but will give the smaller one 'new shoes'. I'll get them out of my house probably in Spring. I'm enjoying looking at them too much right now! HA!

Enjoy!
Cait

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Gnomes

I don't think you paid too much for those big guys at all. Congratulations! They will look wonderful
in your garden. Be sure and show us their new gnome home
when your Spring comes and they move outside. ;o>

hugs, Karen

o

Very unusual for such a weighty thing to be on ebay.
You did well!

o

$10 was a real bargain I think!
Did you ever cast concrete ones from the molds that you got, I think it was at a flea market?
Kathy

o

Glad to 'see' you, Cait! Nice Gnomes....
Let us hear from you more often!

o

By far the cutest vintage gnomes I've see. The little one has the cutest face ever. I like the vintages ones much better than the new ones, but I pretty much like vintage everything.
Frou

o

LOL... yep, $10 .. good buy!

o

cool!!!!

o

Yup, Def a GREAT Score!!! Hangin' with my gnomies!!! I just scored one for free, and he needs major cosmetic surgery, but I am planning a gnome garden for him and another one I have...getting a real "collection" goin'!!

o

I can see why you're in Gnome Heaven! Awesome buys! And I know how much you love 'em! The tall guy reminds me of celebrating at the end of a day of hard work! TFS! They will look great in your Gnome Gardens! Jeanne s.

o

Love the detail & they are happy gnomes!! Plus large size so will show up even when the plants grow!! Jan

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 3, 10 at 11:56

Thanks all!

I'm thinking the larger one will be on one side of the bridge to the gnome garden - the 'welcome' gnome.

Jane I love the 'hangin' with my gnomies'! Too funny!

Kathy, I did cast two of them. I know I did a post showing how they came out, but I'll post 'em here again for you.

first time casting from the molds

I still need to paint them, though.

o

Nice ebay find, Cait! Your vintage gnomes are so unique looking. I love the two that you cast yourself as well. Are the molds reusable?

o

Wow Cait! What a deal! I really like these vintage guys and they are in pretty good shape too! Great find!

o

Ten bucks too much? Heck no! I love 'em both. Being from the Beer Capital (Milwaukee, WI), I like the big guy on the keg. But the little guy sure has a cute face. Be sure to post pictures of them in their gnome garden come spring. I like the way your two dwarves aka gnomes turned out from the molds too. It kind of looks like Doc and Sneezy. Can't wait to see them painted.

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 4, 10 at 11:41

Spedigrees, yes, the moulds are re-uasable. I think DH paid $25 for the whole set of the 7 dwarfs and Snow White. $35? Maybe someone here will remember. HA!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here