Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Devil Dog

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 6:05

According to Marine Corps lore the title Devil Dogs was earned while fighting the Germans in Belleau Wood in WWI. A German officer whose unit fought against the Marines in Belleau Wood was rumored to have reported to his commander, "Sie kaempfen wie Teufelhunde." (They fight like hounds from Hell.) The name stuck and ever since Marines have proudly worn the nickname, "Devil Dogs."
This Devil Dog showed up at the pond to party on the 4th and is still out there partying.
Devil Dog

OO-RAH!, Devil Dog checking out the hula show.

Devil Dog & Hula Frog

Semper Fi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Devil Dog

Thanks for the info....

Looks like they are having a wonderful time!

o

What an imagination!! The Devil Dog and the Hula Frog are adorable. It looks like a Fourth of July they will never forget. Jlily

o

Oooo---rah!!! Welcome to Devil Dog! He's one pretty amazing looking pup...maybe not as fierce as those USMC fighters, but one they would be proud of for sure!

o

I love him! The earring is a nice touch. I think you should charge admission to your pool party!
Kathy

o

GREAT!!! You are sooo creative. tfs.

o

So CUTE! You have a great imagination.

o

Miss Frog is no longer lonely with the devil dog admiring her & as all Marines, he is the perfect gentleman!! I too like the earring!!Good thing he has his dog tags on case he takes off with Miss Frogie & goes AWOL! Jan

o

Love it (as usual). Agree you should charge admission.

Dh says simply, "OOOHRAH!"

o

I can't stop smiling !!!!! :)

o

Well...would you call that a 'devilish' look in his eyes! Looks to me like he's fallen(ing) in LOVE! Love his tail & his devilish grin ...& best of all, that you've given him 'wheels!' Yup, I'm still smilin', too! Great recycling & super creativity! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Great Job on him Tinfoil!!! Love his stripes in his other ear, very cool! Love the camo bike, what a hoot, and his tongue hanging out gives him that happy dog expression! So creative!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here