Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marleneann_gw

Floral Bra

marleneann
13 years ago

I found this picture in my saved folder. I don't know who made it...I just don't have the courage to make one too.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (11)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Its pretty isn't it? Especially with the pink flowers matching. I don't think I'll be hanging one on my porch either tho.
    Kathy

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

I remember seeing that bra, as long as back in 2003 or '04...it was a running joke, on this forum for the longest time...lol

I don't remember anyone following suit on it but I for sure do remember that post.

I'd be very tempted to find the most huge bra I could find at GW and plant it..then hang it on the 'disputed fence' with the neighbors.....
    but then again, why?

it's cute in a distorted way..lol
    and you really gotta admit, it makes a good double planter..(chuckle)
    especially if there were some nasturtiums growing and hanging way down..that would be cool for a symbolic statement..lol

• soonergirl1968
    13 years ago

Becky - I found a great old bed pan the other day and sooo wanted to buy it to use as a planter but they wanted too much for it. I think you could make a fantastic arrangement for your neighbors with one of those!!! lol :)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I've never seen that before and it's a hoot and a half. I may do one just to see what DH says.
    Frou

• soonergirl1968
    13 years ago

Becky - I just want you to know I thought of you today and bought the bedpan!! It was on sale and I couldn't help myself. I hung it by the outdoor bathroom and will plant something in it later :)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Too funny Marlene! The color is really pretty though, isn't it? I'm with you, don't think I'd put it in my garden.

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

LOL that's the same pic I have saved, and asked the girls on HGTV if anyone knew how to make it. I'd think it would be along the concept of using a child's bib overalls to make a planter, just have to sew something on the back & bottom...

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

UH. Anybody got a Pot Lady running around without her bra? That's where I would put one, on a pot lady. Fully planted with ummm-mm ah, Milk weed.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Becky, I could send you one of my ol' boulder holders! lol! You know those big hanging baskets of flowers? Well I bet my bra would fit two! I might just have to try this one day. I always wanted to create a bathroom vignette outdoors in honor of my DH, Bob, who is a retired plumber. One of these hanging nearby planted would fit right in. Can you tell I'd be popular with my neighbors too?

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Maybe this bra started out with good intentions! They have a contest each year for decorating a bra(probably for breast cancer) they have all sorts of crazy ones & some beautiful so someone may have made that (You can bloom after breast cancer!) or something like that, good thought anyway!! Jan

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

that's too funny...
    I'm still considering a large one, to hang right along the fence post, at the end of the fence..

this is the fence I'm in dispute about...my yard is to the right..obviously, I have more stuff in my yard.
    the plywood my son stacked up at the end of my truck..upright, which is one of the things they can't stand.
    I have made no attempt at this time to move it to the backyard.

{{gwi:159634}}

the part that aggravates me, is that from the road, my yard isn't that visible.
    only by driving up the driveway, can you even see the house.
    that's why I have had such an argument with the county guy giving me sh$t about the yard.
    it's been a while again, since I've heard, so I figure some day, I'm going to get a letter of non compliance or something. who knows...I quit worrying about it.
    the white building behind the trees is a huge double, two story garage/shop, in front of my house and front yard.

I need humor to represent my side of the fence and this post is something to get my adrenalin going again...lol

{{gwi:159636}}

oh, does anyone remember how the bib overalls were used as planters, way back when? I had forgotten about them, till it was just posted on here..
    they were heavily starched and then protected with some polyresin or something, for weatherproofing..
    I think 'wannadanc' did a pair, if I remember right.
    I'll have to send her a message and adk..she's not on here at all anymore..too busy with activities around the community. I'm envious of her schedule..day trips and ventures out on buses...

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!