Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
first totems

Posted by indylisa IN (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 6:42

Just thought I would post my garage sale finds glued together. I have made a few plate flowers too. I have a rain chain now, all dew to reading this forum....thanks everyone for the inspirations!!!

Lisa
Totems July 2010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: first totems

Wow, lisa...your totems looks great! Looks like you've captured the beauty of totems...chosen about the most fav color of glass (on this forum)...red and cobalt blue. And I love it when glass birds are part of the totem....it's beautiful! Bet you love the rainchain, too! TFS!..& lookin' forward to more pics of your GJ (art)! Jeanne S.

o

Looks good. So glad someone has come up with a neat way of recycling old glass and making something prety and pleasing to the eye.

o

Don't think GS junk, think works of art. Those are some really great pieces of glass and so well put together. I for one never get tired of looking at the totems everyone here creates. I like the bird too, I can never find any cheap enough. Great job!
Frou

o

Beautiful! I'm jealous though, because I've found little to no red glassware :-(

o

Very pretty!!! they will be gorgeous in the sun!! I love the red one especially! I wish I could find some of those blue plates, I'd like to break them up for mosiacs :)
where's the pict of your rainchain??? and plate flowers? we LOOOOOVE pictures!!! :)

o

Great job! I love the colored glass....I do have one suggestion so that you won't lose your blue totem....put a larger plate at the bottom unless you plan to put it on a post...that way it won't get knocked over in the wind!

o

That is cute!!1

o

Both are great! I love the swirly martini glass in the blue totem. It really compliments the blue. And the little birdy just makes it look sweeter! Love the red too. Red glass pieces aren't that easy to find so you were lucky to have found as many as you have. Now I have to look for your rainchain. he-he TFS!

P.S. I agree, I never get tired of seeing totems!

o

Very nice....see Jeanne's post for MY thoughts, LOL, she forgot to sign my name with her's again.

Red is hard to find here, tho thankfully cobalt isn't.
Keep those pictures coming!

hugs, Karen

o

Thanks for the nice comments!!! I found a large platter yesterday to put on the blue one for support. Have a great day!!!
Lisa

o

Great job Lisa, it really looks nice.
Don't forget to post more pics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here