Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my old work benches

Posted by rafor (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 8:01

These qualify as GJ so I'm posting them here too. They were on the cottage garden forum for comparison to my new one :)

Made these from an old fence we took down at a previous house. I wish I had brought them with me. No one around here seems to have this kind of fence, so I'm having trouble finding old boards to use.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll just have to keep looking on craigslist for someone throwing out old boards :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my old work benches

Very good use of "old boards". I love the old window. Such a nice design. Your totums are lovely, too. Jlily

o

Beautiful old work benches! Great recyling! That leaded glass window is a great topper!
TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Those turned out really nice! Great re-use of an old fence! Love the window you used too and your totems!

o

It all looks very nice. The window and the totems are very pretty. I like the bench, the featured item the best. Especially the bottom shelf, the way you used the top of the boards to create a scalloped look

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 17:01

That is a sexy bench my friend!

o

Oh now neat those are....old wood has such a beauty all its own. Your things on it just enhance that.
How sad you didn't get them moved with you tho. :o(

hugs, Karen

o

Great use of old wood! Think they are called "dog-eared" so look for them in Craig's list! We have a lot of them out here but I think they are getting narrower! Love your window & glass in it & totems look great with it! Jan

o

What wonderful benches. The totems and leaded glass look great on them. Good luck with finding materials for some new ones.
Kathy

o

Bet you can find more of the dog ear fencing from a local fencing place. I've gotten them out of the dumpster at mine. And now that I've seen your bench, will be visiting them again soon. Also could find posts there.

HTH, Rosie

o

I love your repurposed work bench! There is something so lovely about weathered wood. It looks wonderful with your gorgeous totems and stained glass window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here