Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Mosaic Bowling Ball

Posted by shore_gal NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 10 at 8:41

I made this after reading about them online. I bought the bowling ball at a thrift shop for $2.00 Much of the glass I bought at a dollar store. I filled in much of the ball with sea glass that I bought at Tuesday Morning. It was an easy fun project. I left the thumb hole open for the copper pipe used to stake the ball in my garden. It adds so much color to my yard. Can't wait to make another one.

Image link: My First Mosaic Bowling Ball (40 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Mosaic Bowling Ball

You did a great job. Congratulations!
Kathy

o

I like the green and blue together! Where did you get the square shaped pieces? Nice job!

o

Very cute! Congratulations on doing your first one :o) I love the colors and design you picked. Very pretty!

o

Great job...love your color choices too!

o

The chunky square pieces I got at the dollar store. I think it is Dollar Express. Thanks for the feedback.

o

That is so pretty, I love the colors you chose. And your design. I didn't know Tues Morning had sea glass! I should look in that store more often, LOL. Thanks for the tip. ;o)

hugs, Karen

o

Love the sea glass, too! You did a nice job! And, yes, looks very nautical there by your water! GJers here have come up with some great BB's...here's the link to BB's in the GJers Inspiration Album that Purplemoon keeps up-to-date for us all! TFS! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspiration Album Bowling Balls

o

I like the big chunky pieces! Pretty color choices too. Great job!

o

Your first try sure did turn into your first success. That's beeee-u-tiful. I love blue and green together.
Frou

o

Great job..............another idea to put on my TO-DO list! OMG I'll never get to the end. What type of glue did you use to hold the glass pieces on? Does anyone know what type of paint may have been used on the ones in the GJ Inspiration Album. My thought process really started rolling after seeing all those inspireing bowling balls.

o

Oldcrafty,
I used sand grout adhesive. It was like icing a cake, a small section at a time. I pushed the pieces in and that was it. No wiping away grout like you would a tile project. It went pretty quickly.

o

never heard of sand grout adhesive.........off the the lumber yard I go!! I like the easy instructions. Thanks for sharing

o

Thanks for sharing! Great job & nice design, fits in well with your garden. Interesting about the sanding grout adhesive! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here