Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wonderland inspired sculptures

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 10 at 9:16

This sculptor, Ruth Moilliet, imagined that she was Alice looking at the plants from below! Her work inspires me to think more about creating giant plant inspired things from junk, even tho hers are gorgeous "new" materials.
The whole blog that the sculptures are featured on, Stone Art Blog, is wonderful. Look at the other posts if you check this one out. Well worth it!
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant inspired sculpture on Stone Art Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wonderland inspired sculptures

Looooove it!!! I wish that I could find inspiration inside of myself to do awesome things like that instead of snagging onto other people's ideas and doing them for my own. Not to mention the talent she must have in order to create things like that in the first place!

o

Great things on that site--thanks!

o

That's right up my alley !!! I love them !

Boy - how I wish I could stand beside the artist while she was working ....*sigh*...

o

Love the seed heads! But lots of wonderful stuff. What a talented artist! TFS!

o

Very cool. Those big spikey spheres remind me of the Christmas ornaments we used to make out of toothpicks and styro-foam balls when we were kids. I'm thinking maybe I could use soda cans with something for the star one. I'm awful about stealing ideas to. Oh well, I stay to busy to think up my own.
Frou

o

I love to Recycle STUFF. I have HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THEM, The Ladybugs are made from old floating lights, an old Wok and a light cover. The little Spy people are Insulators. The fairy people I got a the local thrift store, unpainted! I fixed them up and gave them a new home!!!! A 100 year old tree, LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gaylas yard Gallery

o
Recycled Stuff and Flowers

Got the wrong title on the first try, Sorry!!! Anyway Have a look.
I love to Recycle STUFF. I have HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THEM, The Ladybugs are made from old floating lights, an old Wok and a light cover. The little Spy people are Insulators. The fairy people I got a the local thrift store, unpainted! I fixed them up and gave them a new home!!!! A 100 year old tree, LOL.

o
Just Stuff

Recycled STUFF. I have HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THEM, The Ladybugs are made from old floating lights, an old Wok and a light cover. The little Spy people are Insulators. The fairy people I got a the local thrift store, unpainted! I fixed them up and gave them a new home!!!! A 100 year old tree, LOL.

o

Gayla your stuff is great! But it deserves its own thread.
If you go to the bottom of the main garden junk page you can make your own thread. Its possible that people may not look at this post and see your things because they have already looked at it.
Kathy

o

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here