Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

For Newbies - Easy Instructions to Post Pics

craftylady-2006
16 years ago

Several of our newbies aren't quite sure how to post pics into their msgs and these are easy Instructions.

I use "photobucket.com" - it's free. Maybe the instructions for Photobucket will be similar or the same for Snapfish and/or other photo programs.

Open "photobucket.com" and set up an account. On the top of the page just to the right you will see a box for "uploading pics" - hit the "browse" button and it should open up your Documents Program. Set the file to where your pics are and find the picture you want, click on it and then hit the "open" button, this will put that particular pictures code into the white rectangular box in photobucket. Just to the bottom of that you will see "add more images." If you click on that, it will open up more white retangular boxes and the browse button next to each white box. Add more pics as described above. When you are done adding pics, click the "Upload" button and photobucket will put the pictures into your account. When you are typing a msg in the forums, leaving the forum page "open" or minimize it, and then open your photobucket site. Underneath each picture you will see four boxes, Share URL, URL Link, HTML Tag and IMG Code. To put the picture right into your msg in the forum, click on the HTML Tag, it will say "Copied" - then go back to the forum page and put your cursor where you want the picture to appear. Then go to the top menu bar, click on "Edit" and hit "Paste" - the HTML code will appear in your msg. If you want to add another pic or more to your post, "enter" down a few spaces and then do the same. When you "preview" your msg, you will see the pics in your msg. Next is to hit the Submit Msg button and it will be posted on the forum page.

See below where you type your msg, see the "Optional Link URL:" and then "Name of the Link" - it may be that what you are doing is ok and putting the URL code in the top box, but you are forgetting to "Name" the Link and it is being rejected.

Remember - you can always do a "Search" at the top of the forum page for something you might be looking for.

Comments (36)

• mjowest
    16 years ago

Thank you- I'm going to try to learn how to scan here- I really want to share my photos.

mj

• bigmama4ever
    16 years ago

thanks ive been wanting to post too now im sending pics all over the place. just cant go down only sideways. but im getting there..{{gwi:160476}}

• snickysnacker
    16 years ago

Craftylady,
    Thanks for those great step-by-step instructions! Because of their simplicity, I was able to post a picture successfully (picture me beaming proudly, here) :)
    I think, though, that my picture seemed very large in comparison to others I have seen. Can you offer suggestions for posting the pics smaller???
    Thanks!

• misspistachio
    16 years ago

I had to get something called 'infranview' downloaded to my computer so I can re-size my photos before I can post them.Hope this helps
    Julie

• pumpkinpatch
    16 years ago

Hello just trying this out, this is last years tipsy pic. hope this works!
    {{gwi:160477}}

• crafty777
    16 years ago

Thanks for the help. Ive been a looker for along time. Love seeing all the pictures. So thought Id try one of mine. And oh my its so big. Ill keep trying.

{{gwi:160478}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    16 years ago

I thought I'd try this out to see how it works...wish me luck! If all goes well this is a picture of a bird beach house that I mosaicked with sea shells.

{{gwi:160479}}

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Personally, I like the bigger pics, I don't have to strain my eyes to see all the great stuff folks post. As for making the pics smaller, I'll have to figure that one out myself. I'll post a reply if I do.

Sal

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm bumping this up cause I've been seeing posts about how to put pics in the forum posts. Another thing I want to point out is - in the msg just above mine here, you will see the box with the red X in that. That means that particular pic was deleted from that person's Photobucket account. If you have any question or need more help, just ask, I'll check back later and the good folks in this forum are always willing to help out.

Sal

• busdriver12
    15 years ago

{{gwi:139388}}

I hadn't posted since last year and I had forgotten how-THANKS

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh how cute!! Is that your bunny or one from the woods whose come to check out the garden puppies?

Sal

• busdriver12
    15 years ago

That's Alabama and he is actually on a leash. He looks so happy even though we have 8 dogs and 6 puppies!!!!

• countrylvng
    15 years ago

ok I knew I read this message, so I will try again mabey there is hope for me yet
    well this is my first attempt at the flowers, plus posting a link LOL

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/countrygran/DSC00666.jpg

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Countrylvng - I checked out your glass flowers, they are just beautiful. I love the curved glass, it makes them look real. If you're wondering, I had to copy and paste your photobucket site into my web browser line to see your pic. That's fine though.

Sal

• countrylvng
    15 years ago

thanks Sal, I have not decided on my centers yet. I am anxious to make more. How do I work the picture thingy so you can click on it and it pops up. You would LOL trying to see me upload emailed grandkid pictures, I somehow uploaded them in my program files yesterday. But me and my pc will go on sometimes I am the victorious one and mostly it wins.
    but I am anxious to share my pics, their are to many great minds here just full of great ideasthat I need in my gardens
    thanks for any help I can get
    carol

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Thank you craftylady. I'm going to try to do it also...Here are some rhodies that are about to bloom here in NH (these are last years pics) The first is "Olga Mezzit" and the second "Purple Gem".
    {{gwi:160482}}

{{gwi:160483}}

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow - those flower pics are awesome. I just want to reach out and grab a bunch for my flower vases. And I don't care what anyone else says - I love the "BIG" pics!!! HeeHeeHee

Carol - to post the "link" so it will pop up - go into your photobucket acct and click on the "Direct Link" code for the pic you want, it will say copied - then just below where you type in your msg you will see "Optional Link URL" - put your cursor in that box and then go to the very top menu of your screen and hit "Edit" and then "Paste" - it will put the link into that box. You MUST put a title in the "Name of the Link" box or it will tell you "Message Rejected"

For thosse whose say their pics appear side by side and not on top of each other - when you paste that HTML Code into the msg box, put your cursor at the very end of that HTML Code and then "enter" (or "return" whatever you want to call it) down a few times and then go back to your photobucket acct, click on the next pic's HTML code and go back to your msg, put the cursor at the very end of where you put those returns and paste the next pic HTML Code

The way to get to the very end of your last HTML Code and the returns after it (which you can't see) is to put your cursor back into the msg box where you're typing and hit "CTRL" and "END" at the same time. That's the computer command to go to the very end of the page. One thing I do when I'm going to post multiple pics is to open my photobucket acct at the same time I have the forum open. Then I just click back and forth onto whatever one I need to go to (say photobucket to copy the picture code) and then click back onto the forum page. If that's a bit confusing, you can always "minimize" the open page and then open up photobucket, get your pic code copied, minimize that down and then maximize back up the forum page.

Someone please let me know if I am making sense in my explanations here. Thanks.

Sal

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:142667}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Yikes, so many of us have deleted pictures in our photo albums! Just a note ... there are more options than Photobucket to choose from. There is snapfish.com, webshots.com and a bunch more. Open up an account, it's free. Then start uploading the pictures from your computer or camera right into your photo album. Once the pictures are loaded, go to view that particular picture. It should come up on your screen more than a 2" square. If it is smaller, you are looking at a "thumbnail" and you don't want to copy that (because we won't be able to see it!). You'll probably see a Share url, direct link, html and IMG codes near your picture (they will be in little boxes). Choose the html code for posting on these message boards. Just copy and paste the code into your message box and voila, you have a picture!

{{gwi:131225}}

It will look like a lot of gobbledy-gook but once you click on Preview Message, your photo should show up!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Oh don't I feel silly. I just whinned about this on the Gnone Home post!
    Thanks!

• june_nd
    15 years ago

Gonna try it. I used to do this allthe time but have forgotten.
    http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2680416590034626281PsdUwm?vhost=pets

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

• phyllis__mn
    15 years ago

I know I've posted this before, but tinypic.com is absolutely the easiest way to go, IMHO. Just go to their site, click browse and choose what picture you want from wherever they are stored, such as My Pictures, etc. Then upload it, click on the top row of instructions, come back here and paste it in your message. Tinypic is not a permanent storeage space, but a one-shot deal, and takes just seconds to use. The following took 45 seconds to get on here!
    {{gwi:160485}}

• june_nd
    15 years ago

Going to try tinypic.com
    {{gwi:160487}}
    That was easy. Some pumpkins I painted last year. Maybe should make it a little smaller. So wonder which size should I use.

June

• phyllis__mn
    15 years ago

I didn't resize mine, but I think about 640x480 is the usual size for posting. Great job on the pumpkins!

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great pumpkins June. I would like to ask - they're shiny, did you use varnish or a sealant on them to protect them and make them last longer? What brand? I've seen this done before and always wondered what type of sealant it was.

Sal

PS - oh who cares!!! I love the big pics, you get to see things better.

• june_nd
    15 years ago

Yes I used Delta Ceramcoat, Satin interior varnish that i buy at a craft sotre. I have had pumpkins last thru the fourth of July. Some of them don't spoil and I hate to throw them out!!!!!
    Also when I went in tinypic they had a size that you could choose. I think I chose default so I don't really know what size that was. Have try some other sizes I guess.
    Phyllis, did you just use the default size?
    Also I like the part by our name that tell us what part of the country we live in. Myabe, Phyllis, you arent too far from me!!!
    June

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Thanks for the tip on TinyPic.com. You said that it isn't permanent, though, huh? How long is it good for then?

~Angela

• monarae_gw
    15 years ago

Ok - brand new at this. Wish me luck!!

{{gwi:160488}}

• phyllis__mn
    15 years ago

Tinypic is only good for that uploading to be able to use the picture.....it isn't a storeage site at all.

• Ann
    15 years ago

Just wanted to keep this thread current so hopefully it never disappears!

Ann

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Testing how to load a picture in a message.
    {{gwi:160491}}

• cajunqueen
    15 years ago

CraftLady if I email you my pics can you post them.I am not good at doing things like that.
    My email is cajunqueen@bellsouth.net. I have about 25 pics of my yard.
    Hygs CajunQueen ( Julie)

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Julie - I emailed you.

Sal

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Folks, I wrote my original post in July of 2007 and as you might have figured out by now, Photobucket has changed the way you upload pics and then post them into the forum here. Whereas there used to be a box in which to browse, chose and upload your pics, well the box is still there but when you click on it and it opens up to where you file your photos on your computer, you can hold down the CTRL key and choose several photos at the same time and then upload them to photobucket. Next, it used to be when you clicked on the HTML code it popped up "copied." I've not uploaded pics in awhite so I had to click on that HTML Code box, then right click it and "copy" the code, then go back to the forum page, put your cursor in your msg box where you want the pic to appear, go to the top menu bar, click on Edit and then click Paste and the code appears your msg. It's only when you Preview Message and Submit Message do the pics appear in your post. If anyone needs more help with me, please let me (or others) and someone will help.

If I'm not explaining this correctly or someone knows of a better, easier way to put the pics into msgs, please let me know also. I'm no expert on this that's for sure.

Sal

• cinci1994
    14 years ago

Have to try this
    {{gwi:160494}}

Thanks so much for the help with posting pics.

• mydreamhome
    14 years ago

my turn to try!! wish me luck : )

{{gwi:160495}}

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

I'm testing also, this pic I have already posted, trying to the large ones tho.

{{gwi:160497}}

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz