Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

My Doctor Goosed Me!!!

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Oh! Wouldn't he be Horrified to know I said that on the world wide web!!!lol! I shall not name names as to protect the innocent!ha! We were talkining one day and I told him that I make garden art and said I would bring in a album/scrapbook of some of my projects, and he said that he had just bought a place, and his wife didn't like these 3 garden statues, and if I wanted them(insert question: does the bear...)So he brought them to work and left them behind the building...where 2 statues were stolen!!!!waaaaah! But this one was still in his trunk so he was able to save it for me! I went to get a pic for ya'll and realized I have these mosaiced eggs that would look good with her!!! She is like 2ft tall!!! I LOVE her!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:160636}}

Comments (11)

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

I love her!!! and the eggs too!! How serendipitous that you had the perfect things to go with goosey!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Too cool! She's just darling with her eggs and nest! Great save! Too bad about the other two....darn it.

• soonergirl1968
    13 years ago

How cute!! Stinks the other two were stolen. Once people find out you "collect" potential garden stuff, if seems word gets around. People are now calling me when they need to get rid of things! LOL

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is the 3rd statue I have been given in 2 months!!! A gnome, a "future" fairey and now Goosey! WOW! AND I have this one lady who keeps dropping off tiles/stainedglass, and brought her daughter here for a garden tour!lol! Big piles of weeds thrown around and there they were...ohhh and ahhhing over the garden art!lol! Ya, too bad about the other two statues, they were another goose and a rabbit!!! grrr!

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Awww, she's so sweet. Too bad she got seperated from her companions, but at least you have her. She looks perfect with the eggs. (I like the feet, too)

I've not seen one with a concrete shawl and bonnet. My friend has one on her deck she inherited from her mil (with holiday and seasonal outfits, plus she make some of her own), and she keeps her done up all the time. It's really cute and fun.

There is a house on the way to the store that has a bunch of concrete Canadian geese (adults and babies) they change the positions of, maybe when they mow. Always intersting to see where they are this month.

Statues are such fun. Free is the best. Love your Goosey!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Lucky you, I like her vintage paint job, and the eggs look like she is waiting for them to hatch.
    Frou

• mssunflower
    13 years ago

Aahhh, that someone would goose me like that (tee hee). How precious and how sad that the other two got away. I'm betting another junker thinking they were trash. Thanks for sharing.

Ms. Faith

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How adorable with those blue eggs! I love the vintage look of her. It sure sucks that the other 2 statues were stolen but I'm glad they managed to leave this one behind. Now that's a goosin' I wouldn't mind! he-he

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOLing about your doc and the subject line...tho I bet it would tickle him.
    Goosey is adorable and perfect with the eggs. Love her look, vintage as others said.

Its sad the other two went missing. (especially the BUNNY. Waaaaah). I imagine if he set them out back, someone thought they were being discarded. I sure wish you'd gotten them.

hugs, Karen

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Calamity, you are way too funny and good with words, tongue in cheek, I never know what I will find when I open your posts, Thank You for posting!

Nanagrandma

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I was afraid to open the post ~~~~ the picture in my head was really bad ............LOL

Cool doc ! All I ever get from my doc is BILLS .......

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus