Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gnome house

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 10:00

My DH and I finished another project over the long weekend. He made a gnome house to cover our fish pond pump....I even had the right size gnome to live there! Notice that he even put a door knocker and door knob with lock on the tiny door!

gnome house

gnome house door

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gnome house

Oh, Marlene, that is the cutest thing ever! Love the shapes of the windows, door, arch & all the detail...and the roofing...tah dah..love it! Is the backside open more with screen for air circulation? Great teamwork! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Love it! Where in the world did you find such small hardware???

o

LOVE it!!! So Perfect!!! Adorable!

o

Oh my, y'all just amaze me. That is way too cute! Really love the shutters. And the arched door and windows and the colors and the gnome. Nice, nice job.

o

Ditto, ditto, everyone's remarks. It couldn't be more perfect. That hardware is a"door"able.
Frou

o

Thanks all....yes, the back is open for ventilation. The wood for the roof, window trim and door are recycled from our glider that we revamped earlier this spring and the hardware is jewelry box hardware that DH had in his shop stash. He worked for a large, local hardware store for 25 years, so we have our own store practically.

o

Love that !!!!

o

I love it! And better yet, it hides something unsightly too! I love the little hardware on the door and the pretty little windows (with screens on no less). It almost looks like your DH built it in scale to that cute gnome. As froufrou put it simple a-door-able! he-he

o

You and DH just never cease to amaze me! I don't even have words for this Gnome Home.....
just sitting here sighing and WOWing.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here