Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Copper Bird Feeder

Posted by soonergirl1968 7a OKC (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 10:11

Here is a bird feeder (which will probably end up being a squirrel feeder) I made from a large copper vase and a copper plate I picked up at the swap meet. I filled the vase with concrete to keep it from falling over.

And, she certainly doesn't qualify as GJ but isn't she cute lying on her chaise by the pool? This is my Princess Bella...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Copper Bird Feeder

That bird feeder is gorgeous, as well as your flower beds. The bird feeder is very classy looking. What breed is P. Bella, she looks like a big ole sweetheart, and isn't she lucky to have her own chaise by the pool.
Frou

o

Thanks, Frou! She is a Boerboel (South African Mastiff) and yes... she is a BIG ole sweetheart!! I'm not sure, but I think my dogs MIGHT be a little spoiled but I love them dearly :)

o

LOL GREAT pictures!
could also be a bird bath!

o

Bella looks like she's smiling !!!!!!!!

No wonder - she's laying in a beautiful yard !

o

AWWWWW!!!!!Love the pup and the Bb or feeder .Great idea!

o

Wonderful match between those 2 pieces. Makes a beautiful bird bath. Bella is pretty cute too.
Kathy

o

Nice Eye Candy...Both pics!!!

o

Well, we had a bit of rain and the bird seed went everywhere so I think it has now officially become a birdbath!! :)

o

LOVE the copper birdfeeder! Awesome! And Bella looks as happy as a clam!

o

My copper totem/plant stand came unglued in the winter weather even though it was on the porch with over hang. They sure are pretty though. Also, I love Bella.

o

Looks rustic to me...the copper idea is really cool! And good idea to put concrete in the vase...will be an awesome BB! TFS! Jeanne S. . . is Bella part boxer? (such a sweetie!)

o

Very sharp! I love copper and it's changing patina. Your piece sits well amidst those beautiful hydrangeas and impatiens. Nice work!

Bella's a beauty -Such a sweet and contented look.

o

I love your new birdbath! I love rustic metal pieces so this is a beauty in my book. Great idea to fill the vase with concrete too.

And Bella does look a tiny bit spoiled there. I can't say she is too spoiled because I don't see a doggy drink with a little umbrella in it next to her chaise. Now is that really a doggy chaise or is she that big that she takes up an entire people chaise lounge? If she's a Mastiff, I imagine she would! TFS both pics!

o

Vintage looking birdbath, some birds might like a flatish rock in center. My stain glass B&B gift BB has a copper edge & birds are on it all the time. Beautiful dog! Jan

o

Good use of the copper pieces, and really pretty in the garden. Bella is wonderful, is she guarding your GJ stuff or just enjoying the view? LOL.
Dogs are supposed to be spoiled. Just ask mine!

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here