Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more glass projects

Posted by kelly_oh OH z6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 15, 10 at 10:17

Well, the 'totem' I actually did over the winter, but only recently put outside. The top you can't see really well, is a foam ball with cut up cd pieces on it, then grouted. The ball is my 2nd 'crash glass' ball, its actually a big plastic Christmas ornament for the base. WAY lighter than bowling balls, so in future I may stock up on the big plastic outdoor ornaments for bases when they go on clearance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more glass projects

Great job on both! Love the purple vase on the totem! And the mosaic ball is very nice...bet it really shines in the sun!

o

The purple and green totem looks wonderful in your garden. I love matching them to my plants too. The glass ball is like a beautiful rainbow orb. That sounded wierd, but it kind of gives me that hippie/disco groovy vibe. Good work.
Frou

o

These are just lovely among your flowers. I so enjoy accenting flowers with creativity like this. Great job. Great idea on using the big Christmas ornaments too.

o

Those look great !!

o

Cool totem! I bet the ball on top really sparkles in the sun. Love the addition of the dangly crystals too. Your crash glass ball is very cool too. Do you decoupage the ball and then put the crash glass on?

o

How did you get the candy wrappers under the glass???

o

i wonder about the candy wrappers to and will not a plastic ball maybe distort over time and will the mosaic then crack?

they are very cool looking :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here