Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Free stuff from dump and mosaic wip

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

A friend of mine finds great stuff at her dump. The town has a lot of wealthy people who don't want to be bothered with old things, but fortunately the dump has a little house (literally a little house/cabin with windows and a door) for usable items for the taking!

She thought of me when she saw these dishes which I put on the little cement table I made last year while I decide what to do with them. She also got me about a dozen jello molds (no pics)to make concrete shapes in, a few of which were so nice that I passed them on to a friend who collects the copper colored ones.

{{gwi:160306}}

{{gwi:160968}}

And here is my current mosaic work in progress, sitting on a lazy susan for easy turning. I was using this clay pot upsidedown on my porch as a plant stand. I am using thinset to apply the glass, but I don't trust the cheap clay pot ($12 at Biglots) out for winter, so I will keep it as a plant stand on my porch.

My concept is a luna moth on a tree trunk, and on the back of the tree a little birch tree grows. I'm going to mosaic a saucer and attach it to the top, not sure how that will fit with the theme, maybe just cover it with leaves.

{{gwi:160970}}

Filling in the brown is pretty tedious, especially since I'm using thinset. Trickier with little pieces than glue.

{{gwi:160972}}

Thanks for looking.

Kathy

Comments (9)