Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Is This the Creepiest Gnome?

Calamity_J
12 years ago

Okay, I GOTTA share how I came to have this Gnome...cuz it isn't his fault he is sooo creepy!!! I found him in a dump pile and he was all ...shall we say> coming down with a serious case of leperosy? Old and decaying...then I used cement plug and gave him a pit free coating...but I also covered him with a paint brush coating of mortar...that hasn't bid him well, then gave him a new paint job.....

{{gwi:161393}}

{{gwi:161394}}

Comments (16)

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

Yikes !!!!! It's an attack gnome !

LOL

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

OMG! I think I would have given up on him before I even started. You did a good job on a hopeless case.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Awe! He's not so bad. A little pink in the face and perhaps the teeth need to be ground down a bit. lol He certainly is a happy looking fellow. Nope! I would have snagged him too.

• 9bark
    12 years ago

Haha! Yes!!!!!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    12 years ago

The vampire Gnome!! you did a good job!!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Poor little guy probably has mental health issues after being dumped at the dump because of his leprosy!
    I think he is a guard gnome. Id think twice before walking by him!
    Kathy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

A visit to the mortuary might help tame him down a bit! LOL! He looked like a happy, dirty fella in his before life! I'm just happy that you 'recycled' him & gave him some new life again! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

He'd make a great Halloween decoration that's for sure! lol I like how your brought him back from the dead.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL! hee ho! I did give his pink face a better tone and got rid of the fangs...but it was fun to see the look on her face! I just got another one and he has flaking white paint, but is in really good shape so he will be getting his makeover soon too and join the other 3 already back there.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Cool! be sure to post pictures of all your gnomes. Can't wait to see the *new guy*

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Calamity...Good job! You certainly are a rescuer of down but not out projects. Way to go! By the way..did you paint the scene in your first picture? If so, it is awesome.

Marylee

• garden2garden
    12 years ago

Haha. Had to laugh out loud when I scrolled down and saw him. What personality. I'd put him sitting on a pedestal or stump at the gate to the garden, just like that. He looks like he's rubbing his hands together with an evil laugh, saying "Can I help you??? Why don't you come into the garden...bwahaha"
    TFS. Glad he's with you and not the dump.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marylee, that first pic of the gnome is him sitting in my art room, and he has a poster of a famous Tiffany stained glass pic behind him, I do stained glass once in a while...when I am not making garden art or rescuing gnomes!lol!

• nutmeg4061
    12 years ago

Calamity, I love it! Too funny! I recently found this crazy "zombie gnomes" idea on Etsy. Great idea for Halloween decos! Yours could go center stage come October, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: zombie-gnomes

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OMG!!! My DD is so into those zombie movies, sheesh, that I just sent her that link, she will get such a kick out of that!ha! I think I'll stick to my poorly painted "nice" gnomes! I did mention I redid his teeth didn't I?!;-)

• spedigrees z4VT
    12 years ago

I think he looked like a coal mining gnome in his previous life! Would love to see how he looks now that you've toned down his halloween "after" persona. And, like Chelcass, I'd love to see a group photo of your entire gnome troup!

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County