Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldcrafty

Enamel pots

oldcrafty
12 years ago

Thought I'd share my collection of enamel pots. Got the red one( the rooster is standing on it for now) this week-end when walking in the woods at deer camp. Gotta get it planted. The big pot with BREAD stamped on it I quickly grabbed at a GS a couple of weeks ago for $1.00. The crock I found sitting out for garbage pick-up a couple years ago!

Wish I could find more goodies like that!

{{gwi:161396}}

Comments (16)

• kirkus
    12 years ago

I LOVE ALL OF THIS! Great pots and great dislay! I love the plants you chose! FANTASTIC tresures!

• kirkus
    12 years ago

I meant GREAT "display"! I wish Gardenweb had a spell check! LOL

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

These are just wonderful! LOVE the one with the word "bread" on it...never seen one like that. And for $1....lucky you! The red one is a great color! And someone had the crock on the curb for trash? Amazing what folks throw away, isn't it?

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Love your pots. Like Marlene said it's amazing what people throw away.............lucky for us............lol

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Love your enamel pots. Your display is very pretty.

Marylee

• User
    12 years ago

I love the enamel pots, especially the one with Bread printed on it. I'd have given $10 for that one at a garage sale. The red one is unusaul, seldom see a solid red like that. Can't believe anyone would dispose of that crock. Wonder if it was a butter churn at one time and the top was broken?

Your display looks great.

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Your display looks great!!!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love your enamel pots, too! Great bargain $$$! And your plants are lookin' good! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ditto to what the others said. You found some great treasures. I like your pink hen too. ;o)
    The flowering plant is soooo pretty.

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Great pots & chickens! I think back home they used those crocks for pickles to pickle before they packed them in jars & processed. Lots of history there & glad you are preserving it so nicely! Jan

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Love it all!! Isn't curb shopping fun??
    Kathi

• imjustsam
    12 years ago

I am such a sucker for those pots, I can't get enough of them. Last year I spied one on the curb and forced my hubby out to pick it up. (He wanted to die) When he got out he asked what I wanted to do with all the"crap" inside. It was filled with little enamel bowls, cups and saucers. I was in heaven. He just rolled his eyes and slunk back into the car. I have 1 of the little bowls in my bathroom with a candle. That alone was worth the stop. Some men just don't understand how to have fun.

• maryy2004
    12 years ago

Love this display...beautiful

• oldcrafty
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Never heard it called curb shopping before but trust me....I'm gonna add that phrase to my vocabulary and the first one I'm gonna introduce it to is my DH!!!
    Sunny....yes I think you are right...my mom used to do crock pickles and saurkraut in crocks about that size.
    Thanks for all the nice comments everyone

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

What a wonderful display of your great collection! That "Welcome" rooster is too cute. Love your choice of plants too. I don't believe I have ever seen a solid red enamel piece before. Lucky you to have found it!

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

Oh wow....this is great. Just the overall cohesiveness is terrific. I love the pot that says bread, it all just works so well together. :)

erin

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County