Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Enamel pots

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 11 at 11:05

Thought I'd share my collection of enamel pots. Got the red one( the rooster is standing on it for now) this week-end when walking in the woods at deer camp. Gotta get it planted. The big pot with BREAD stamped on it I quickly grabbed at a GS a couple of weeks ago for $1.00. The crock I found sitting out for garbage pick-up a couple years ago!
Wish I could find more goodies like that!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Enamel pots

I LOVE ALL OF THIS! Great pots and great dislay! I love the plants you chose! FANTASTIC tresures!

o
Pots

I meant GREAT "display"! I wish Gardenweb had a spell check! LOL

o

These are just wonderful! LOVE the one with the word "bread" on it...never seen one like that. And for $1....lucky you! The red one is a great color! And someone had the crock on the curb for trash? Amazing what folks throw away, isn't it?

o

Love your pots. Like Marlene said it's amazing what people throw away.............lucky for us............lol

o

Love your enamel pots. Your display is very pretty.

Marylee

o

I love the enamel pots, especially the one with Bread printed on it. I'd have given $10 for that one at a garage sale. The red one is unusaul, seldom see a solid red like that. Can't believe anyone would dispose of that crock. Wonder if it was a butter churn at one time and the top was broken?

Your display looks great.

o

Your display looks great!!!

o

Love your enamel pots, too! Great bargain $$$! And your plants are lookin' good! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Ditto to what the others said. You found some great treasures. I like your pink hen too. ;o)
The flowering plant is soooo pretty.

hugs, Karen

o

Great pots & chickens! I think back home they used those crocks for pickles to pickle before they packed them in jars & processed. Lots of history there & glad you are preserving it so nicely! Jan

o

Love it all!! Isn't curb shopping fun??
Kathi

o

I am such a sucker for those pots, I can't get enough of them. Last year I spied one on the curb and forced my hubby out to pick it up. (He wanted to die) When he got out he asked what I wanted to do with all the"crap" inside. It was filled with little enamel bowls, cups and saucers. I was in heaven. He just rolled his eyes and slunk back into the car. I have 1 of the little bowls in my bathroom with a candle. That alone was worth the stop. Some men just don't understand how to have fun.

o

Love this display...beautiful

o

Never heard it called curb shopping before but trust me....I'm gonna add that phrase to my vocabulary and the first one I'm gonna introduce it to is my DH!!!
Sunny....yes I think you are right...my mom used to do crock pickles and saurkraut in crocks about that size.
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone

o

What a wonderful display of your great collection! That "Welcome" rooster is too cute. Love your choice of plants too. I don't believe I have ever seen a solid red enamel piece before. Lucky you to have found it!

o

Oh wow....this is great. Just the overall cohesiveness is terrific. I love the pot that says bread, it all just works so well together. :)

erin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here