Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My bowling ball & letter

Posted by Deborah-SC 8a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 11:22

Well, it finally stopped raining long enough to take a picture of the bowling ball I did a few weeks ago. Here are a few pictures of it along with a "G" that I did. My husband and son think I'm crazy!

photo DSC00535_zpsaad50546.jpg

photo DSC00536_zps88da3585.jpg

photo DSC00534_zps2b18cd17.jpg

photo DSC00539_zps74237f9c.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My bowling ball & letter

oops -- got carried away with the photos :)

o

Very pretty! Your garden is lovely too. What did you attach the glass with? They are spaced so nicely.

o

Thanks oldcrafty! I used GE silicone II clear :)

o

Love your bowling ball AND your big G! Like your color choice and it looks great without grout....good to know since I've never done one and always thought it would be a pain to grout one.

Your garden looks wonderful too! Thanks for sharing.

o

thanks Marlene - yes, I wasn't too keen on grouting myself! Thanks for the compliment on my garden bed -- it's only about 1/10 of what I have but I do believe it's my favorite.

o

Deborah your bowling ball and your "G" are wonderful. Also your garden area. WE always enjoy pictures! JLily

o

Gorgeous!

o

Hi
was thinking of doing something similar with a beach ball
But doubt silicone would adhere . Maybe PVC glue but doubt it would adhere to glass .
wife thinks I'm crazy also but so far has stopped short of commitment lol gary

o

Wow very pretty and love your garden. Have you posted pics of it on the gardening section?? You should!!

o

Nice job on the BB and Letter(what is it made of?) and your garden bed is super lovely!

o

The letter is made of treated wood. I bought it on sale @ Hobby Lobby, but there are prettier & cheaper ones available on the internet. I just primed it & painted it (spray).

o

Love all three:) have you put a bench where you can sit and enjoy your favorite part of your garden? I was smitten with your G, a great idea and of course wondering when the next bowling ball will go in the garden, they are addicting!!!

o

That side of my favorite bed is visible from the master bedroom, breakfast room, living room & my son's room. I have benches and chairs dotted around outside that have different views. My problems is usually when I'm outside I am working. Occasionally I'll sit and look. I love to just stand close in front of that bed because it's always covered in bees, butterflies & hummers! I'm now working on a reclaimed birdcage to hang from the tree that the G is propped against. I'll post pictures when I'm done :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here