Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'spring' blossom

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 11:28

Found this last week at a GS couldn't resist it! It was originally rusty and green but I quickly saw it in a new life. Washed it up real good gave it a coat of primer and then painted the blossom hot pink and the stem lime and wa-la a "SPRING" Blossom!!

href="http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy299/aoesterr/?action=viewt=HPIM8000.jpg" target="_blank">n and wa-la a "SPRING" Blossom!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'spring' blossom

What a GREAT idea! STUNNING! Makes you stop in your tracks to look...then you start looking at everything in the garden. That's what garden art is about...gets us to stop, slow down, and take it all in. INSPIRING!!!! Love the color! GREAT IDEA! Last year, I kept passing an old rusty bedspring along a road...thinking garden art. When I finally thought to bring it home, it was gone. :o( Gotta act quickly and think later! LOL Thanks for sharing a beautiful creation! You could sell these! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

Beautiful & brings out the pink veins in the leaves of the nearby plants. Was it all together like that or were they individual springs? Makes a great addition to your garden! Jan

o

It was all put together when I bought it. I think the lady saw a gleam in my eye and knew I WANTED it. It didn't have a price tag on it so with that gleam glowing brightly in my eye she chimed in $2.00 and of course I said SOLD! Didn't really want to spend that much but am glad I did as I really like the way it turned out. I think the springs may have been off of a trampolene or possibly a baby bed. They are very stiff and they appear to just be wrapped around a heavy iron post. Just wish the post would have been longer but I can inprovise that simple problem.

o

Good score and Love what you did with it...gotta have Hot pink in the yard!!!! And my fav green is that lime green!

o

OMGoodness! Wow! What kind of paint is that, I've never seen anything like it. It's crazy, insane cuteness. Love it.
Frou

o

Now that is what I call BRIGHT! It looks really awesome with your dark veined caladiums!

o

You are on a ROLL. OK, now THIS is my favorite thing you've done. What was it in it's past life - was it a yard ornament? I LOVE the colors. Bet it makes a SWEEEET! complement with your flamingo sparkler.
-Sprout

o

WOW! Look at that! GREAT RECYCLE! Hot pink flowers are a fav of mine! TFS! Jeanne S. (love rust, too!)

o

Cute cute cute! Like hot pink corkscrew bamboo!

o

WOW now that there adds pizazz to a yard!\tanya

o

I love it ... spring blossom. he-he That color really pops in the garden and compliments your caladium. I think it was well worth the $2!

o

That's awesome!!! And you put it in the right spot. Sure brings out the pink veins in the leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here