Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shysue

Finished our shed

shysue
13 years ago

We've been needing this shed for so-o-o long. My DH and DS finally got it built and we all pitched in to paint it. We painted the outhouse in the junk garden to match. That little paint chip I chose to get the paint mixed did not look quite so very red, but too late now. Would you believe that shed is almost full already? We may have to build another one!

{{gwi:161750}}

{{gwi:161753}}

{{gwi:161756}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Shysue's Albums

Comments (34)

• grspirit
    13 years ago

Just gorgeous. Great job.

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Cute cute cute! And what is it full of? Now I have to ask, is that a "functioning" outhouse? LOL My DH wants to build a outhouse-looking enclosure, put a toilet in it, and then all the grandkids dont need to run in & out of the house to go potty. I'm still debating...........

• bverste
    13 years ago

That is so peaceful looking, I want a tour of your garden!

• shysue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, the outhouse does function with a chemical toilet. We put it down next to the picnic area, so we wouldn't have to walk all the way back up the hill to the house.

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Seriouis case of envy back atcha! :o) I WANT ONE!!!! It's in our plans to have a garden shed someday. In the meantime, I'll have to come visit yours! Of course I would have to move everything out of it to put a bed in there, and that's nice of you to have an outhouse close by for me! LOL

Seriously, I love it and ALL of your garden creations. You decorated the front of your shed so nicely...love the red hat! Love your bottle tree and water feature! LOVE IT ALL! Your creations belong in "Country" magazine as a feature photo article! I'm serious!

Thanks for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That's a great shed and a beautiful yard full of really nice "junk."

Thanks for sharing it with us.

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

How absolutely charming. Yes, please do build another shed, so that we can come and stay for a visit. Everything is lovely!!
    -Sprout

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Looks like you get a A+ in shed building 101. You did a great job, I don't think the red is too bright. I really like the lights along the front edge. The flower cart is adorable, as is the whole garden. I went back through your album and now I remember all your great creations, my favorite is still the bathtub. Thanks for the pix.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

OMGosh Sue! Your shed is just gorgeous! Looks like it's been there for a long time and looks so inviting and homey. Not like a storage shed at all! Love the outhouse too and your old cart with the flowers in it....seriously jealous now! ;-)

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Very Cool!
    tanya

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Good to see ya, shysue! And you've been VERY BUSY! Your shed is downright "charming!" Love that you have places to sit (the bench & rockin' chair?) to admire the gardens! And that cute little wooden wagon...plants are beautiful! Always fun to look at your gardens & your great GJ...so bright & cheerful! YES, as Kirk said, you need to be published! Hope you have "garden walks" in your area...if so, I'm sure you're on the list! TFS! Pats on the back to DH & DS for getting this done for you all to work on! Jeanne S.

• kacram
    13 years ago

Your shed is GREAT!
    I need one, just like that!
    Only blue or yellow! lol

your yard is very pretty!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I love the red on both your shed and the outhouse! Your shed looks good enough to live in. It all looks so wonderful.

Is that a coleus in your wagon? It is gorgeous, whatever it is!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love your shed !!!! I want one too and I love the red.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Its a beautiful style and I love the color. Great garden junk too. What a good idea to use a chemical toilet in your out house.
    Kathy

• indylisa
    13 years ago

I love it!!!!
    Lisa

• liljunkr
    13 years ago

WOW!!!! It's more like a guest cottage than a shed. What a great color. So rustic country and beautiful. Your yard is my dream.

LIL

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WOW! My Garden Junk NEVER looks That Classy!!! Good Job ob EVERYTHING!!! What Eye Candy!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

WOW doesn't even start to say what I really mean The best part is that it is red! I have never seen "Junk" looks sooooooooo good. Like my mom used to say....it doesn't matter how old someones possesions are as long as they are neat and clean. You certainly have neat clean old stuff that packs a big bang on gorgeous. It is ALL just fabulous gotta take another look I'm sure I missed something!

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

It's beautiful!!! There's no such thing as "too" red!

• Kathryn Botard
    13 years ago

I love it! How inviting and cozy. I enjoyed looking at your photo album.

• gregoryjohn
    13 years ago

Wow! That's a great shed. I built mine from plans I got from this site. They have some great plans. The plans were easy to follow and have a complete materials list and more instructions than I needed! :-)

Here their link:

Happy gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shed Plans

• leveta
    13 years ago

Looks like a mag. cover...Love it...

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Sue, I absolutely LOVE your 'shed' and outhouse!!!!! Absolutely daring! It's so homey and fun. It looks too good to just be a storehouse. You may have to build and bigger one somewhere else and move everything in there. Them turn that into a rightful thing like a guest house with it's own privvy -outside!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Love, Jules

• marleneann
    13 years ago

Very cute!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

WOW WOW WOW!! THAT is darling!!!!! I love the colors & that door is awesome along with your porch displays (drool...)

I wish mine was ready for landscaping around it after finishing it, but DH said I needed to hold off until next year after it's had time to settle (we had to move it to it's current location after taking some trees down).

• shysue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your nice comments. I wish I really could use the shed for my "play house" instead of for storage. I always wanted a little place to display primitive antiques and junk...you know...a little place to just sit and enjoy. In the real world I'm glad you like my storage shed. LOL

• PRO
    Backyard Buildings
    8 years ago

That is so adorable. Should get a lot of use with that shed. Thank you for sharing!

• 1wanderer
    8 years ago

I could live in that!

• Deb
    8 years ago

I love it! My homeowners association would have a stroke, though, if I built one.

• Dottie B.
    8 years ago

That is super cute!!! I love the red and galvanized roofing. Very nice work!

• Melissa Kelly
    7 years ago

I love this design. Can you tell me if you used plans or designed your own? If you used plans where did you get them from?

• shysue
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you, Melissa. Sadly we had no plans. My husband is just good at building things and just built what I had said I wanted.

• spedigrees z4VT
    7 years ago

That is lovely! You have talented men at your house! I love your outhouse and bottle tree also.