Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OK, then, Picasa

Posted by sprout_wi z4 WI (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 11:51

I have about given up on Photobucket. I have moved on to Picasa. I loaded my photos, even though I ended up with two garden junk albums. I decided to turn one into a cottage garden album by hiding the garden junk photos. Bad, BAD!! The photos are now completely hidden from both albums and I can't find them, anywhere, and the 'unhide' buttons are 'locked' or frozen.

I guess I can live with that until I somehow get smarter about Picasa and this photo business. I would just be happy to know HOW I get my photos from Picasa to the Garden Junk site. They should make these things easy enough so that even a computer illiterate like me could understand.

Any ideas?
Thanks, -Sprout

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OK, then, Picasa

I don't know anything about Picasa, BUT I just discovered that if you have a Facebook account, you can post anything you have there, easily to here. Just double click on the image in Facebook (to bring up the full size version) then right click on the image to get the properties. Copy the image url from the properties box, and paste it into the link box here! Good Luck!

o

tasymo- That makes perfect sense to me!! Thanks!!
-Sprout

o

Flickr.com is another great photo sharing website.

If you want to post your pictures so they show up on the screen without having to click the link, Flickr gives you the code to paste in when you view all photo sizes available.

o

I would really recommend Flickr. It's a great community of people and a way to friend people, comment on their pictures and join groups of like-minded people. I'm on quite a few mosaic flickr groups and just love it. I've also made some friends and the uploading/downloading and space is all free. Plus you can always just post a link to your flickr account if you can't get the pictures here. I find it the easiest of all of them.

o

Just a tip some don't know that has helped me is a restore point. You can go back to a time before u made any changes to your computer and it's fixed. Go to start, help and support.

Lisa

o

Also almost all paid email accounts include free ftp space for storing photos, and you can upload your photos to their server and post them on any forum. Use this code:
<$img$ src=$"http://$www.internetprovider/yourscreenname/folder/imagename.jpg$">
with the $ signs removed and the rest of the info filled in.

o

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I will look into them.
-Sprout

o

I love, love, LOVE Flickr - so easy to use. I love that you can add notes to pictures too. Here's mine:

Here is a link that might be useful: Luvs2click's Flickr site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here