Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Spider Web Window

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I posted this to the wrong side first, sometimes I think I am totally losing it. I've been working and working on this window. It was my first time to work with crash glass. It took a lot longer than I expected. I did my blue web design and then went back and filled in with the crash glass, using GEII to glue everything. I decided not to grout it because I think it looks more webby this way. I made the spiders out of glass beads. It has been raining here so I haven't put it in the yard yet. Forgive my photography, the only place I could get enough light was my dressing room and I wanted a pic in front of the mirror too.

Frou

{{gwi:127579}}

{{gwi:127580}}

{{gwi:127581}}

{{gwi:127582}}

{{gwi:127583}}

Comments (20)

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

WOWEE major arachnophobialess seeing these... window, web and spiders! What beautiful work. Now I have to find a window.....

Nanagrandma

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

The web looks beautiful with the crash glass. The spiders are really cool!
    Kathy

• bootscootengal
    13 years ago

beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful

• olgaflowers
    13 years ago

Very neat ! something different.
    Olgaflowers,

• leveta
    13 years ago

How wonderful it is...You done wonderfully...

• shadyswing
    13 years ago

A most wonderfully eye-catching web, Frou! -It has a sparkling dewy quality to it; so befitting your dazzling pair of spiders! Beautifully done!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Abosolutely Beautiful. Gotta check out what crash glass is! Cause it sure looks good.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

OMGosh....that is just TOO COOL!! Beautiful job....LOVE the spiders and the entire window web. Colors are to die for!

• soonergirl1968
    13 years ago

That is really pretty!! I love the way the crash glass looks!! Can't wait to see what it looks like in the yard!!

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

I love this!! I bet it really sparkles in the sun!

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

Oh, that is spectacular!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Boy did that turn out fantastic! I love your spiders too! I sure wouldn't be afraid of them. I agree, the window looks better without the grout. It looks more ethereal this way. Beautiful job!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! The spiders look great too!! I was given 2 beads for the body of 1 so I like the way yours look, will give 1 a try!! The crash glass looks great & the web came out so well. Lovely addition to the garden! Jan

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. Oldcrafty, crash glass is really tempered safty glass. I discovered that if you put a thin layer GEII on it before you break it, then you can use it in sheets instead of a million little pieces. Soonergirl, I'm hoping to get DH to help build me a trellis/arbor thingy this weekend to hang it in, wish me luck.
    Frou

• beany3u
    13 years ago

The spiders are awesome! Also that's really cool to know about putting GEII on the glass before breaking it. Really gives a different effect.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Frou...only YOU can make spiders & a web look GLAMOUROUS! Love the 2 colors of blue for the web...is the crash glass siliconed on the opposite side of the blue web? Your bead spiders are quite classy ladies!

Thanks for the silicone tip about breaking into sheets instead of tiny pcs! TFS! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jeanne, I spread GEII on the window and then added the crash glass with the glued side down (glued side glued directly to the window). All that you see in the picture is the glued side out, the smooth back side of the window is not nearly as pretty. Can that sound anymore confusing?
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Thanks for the tips. Do you let the GEII dry on the safety glas before breaking it? or spread it on and break while it's still wet? And if I'm comprehending the instructions right glue goes on the glass before breaking and then on the window pane also? It will look awesome hanging from a trellis............. can't wait to see pics of it hanging.

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes indeedy, let the glue dry before breaking the glass and I use a pretty thin layer. And sounds like you get the rest of the instructions straight. I've drawn up my trellis plans for DH, and he didn't seem to be totally disagreeable, so I'm hopeful for this weekend.
    Frou

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Oh Frou! I Too am making a GOG trellis!!! WhooHoo! This is what I love about this forum, when like minds think alike at the Same Time!!!lol!

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA