Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I was supposed to stop yard sailing...

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 12:11

Well, I got the shade for $1, too big for the lamp I'm going to mosaic but I'll use it for something. The little dishes 25 cents each will be great for plate flowers, the pink one is a little flower, I should have taken the tag off the middle before photoing. $1 for the metal mag. rack which I think I'll use for glass.
Photobucket
But here are the best things from a yard sale accross the street at the home of a gardener, and as I discovered when he let me look in his yard an incredible garden junker. I hope to post pics sometime cuz he said I could come back and bring friends.
Photobucket
Four candlepin bowling balls for 25 cents each; 4 quarter round wire baskets for $1 each, which I plan to use to make a succulent sphere! (I put 2 and 2 together, which may be how I start the process). And a strawberry pot for $5. Dd would like some strawberries on her tiny deck. Zorro is there for sizing. In the back ground is my Kings Dept. Store shopping cart which I use to bring mosaic stuff to my friend Susan's house on Tuesday mornings. Dh finally took the stuff he was storing out and let me have it. I'm going to derust and paint it a spring green.
I need to have my own yard sale really.
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I was supposed to stop yard sailing...

Kathy...You got some really neat things! Please show us your succulent sphere when you get it growing. I bet it will be beautiful. Lucky you getting that shopping cart! It will look great when you get it painted and it will sure come in handy. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

WOW!!!!!! What great finds! Don't ever stop yard saling! You have the knack for finding great treasures! Those little bowling balls are sweet. And the sphere is a great find! Love the strawberry planter! I want your shopping cart!!!! WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! Bear Hugs! kirk

o

crete...great finds! I like those miniature balls & that strawberry pot...you found lots of goodies...I just saw a s\pot like that recently planted w/Impatiens & it was beautiful! (you could hardly see the pot!) Great bargain $$$! Have fun! Jeanne S.

o

your kitty looks like our kitty named Angel!

Nice finds!

o

I love yard saling! I used to have a cat named Zora. Your cat is beautiful!

o

I am always on the lookout for little flower-shaped dishes and that pink one is a beauty. You scored big-time with all those great finds. Congratulations and Thanks for sharing.
-Sprout...(Linda)

o

Now what real junker could ever stop yard saling? Certainly no one on this forum! Lots of great finds...LOVE the little bowling balls! And your grocery cart would be so great to wheel things around in. Your dishes were a great find and the metal hanging containers....looks like you had a great day!

o

I so agree w Marlene, how could a junker ever stop?! Love your finds! Super cool!

o

Just chalk that resolution up there with the New Year's ones!!! You just can't stop hunting for garden junk parts :) Where would the world be without all of our beautiful art?

o

Awesome stuff, Kathy! And are you sure Zorro was there for sizing and that he isn't a little ham when the camera comes out? lol You will have to show us a picture of your succulent sphere and shopping cart when they are done along with your plate flowers. I can see why you got the shade, it's a beauty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here