Comments (19)

• robolady
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's a pic of the bench

{{gwi:162098}}

• cindee11461
    16 years ago

That is beautiful!!!! I keep looking for beds like that so I can make one but haven't got lucky yet.

• kirkus
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful, peaceful corner! Love your bench! Love the window frame and whole setting! Thanks for sharing! Kirk

• rottyinbluejeans
    16 years ago

I wish I had a porch! That's very very nice!

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

What a beautiful bench! You are a very creative artist!
    LOVE the window frame....Looks like a nice little corner to read a book and sip lemonade...Thanks for sharing.

• robolady
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ya'll are so sweet. I tried the bench in several places before it found a home here. I love my porch. That is one of the things that sold us on this house. thanks for all the nice comments. I would be out there sipping lemonaid, but it's so darn hot and humid. and It won't stop raining. We've had rain every day all summer here in E Tx. Enough is enough.

• mylalaland
    16 years ago

And here I was going to get rid of an old headboard that I was storing. I tell ya, I just love creative people. Nice work.

• nanatink
    16 years ago

Very attractive!
    I'd love one like it!

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

Wow, that's great! I've got a headboard but no footboard & wondered how I could make a bench out of it.

• foxygrandma9
    16 years ago

Love that one, I really like the stencil.

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

As always Marge, just gorgeous. That bench turned out so lovely. I just found a really pretty girl's bed headboard, now I just need to get the inspiration to do a bench. Thanks for the great instructions on your site.

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

BEAUTIFUL !!!!! I want to find a headboard set sooo badly to make a bench. But have to ask, are these "addictive" too? LOL. Cause every one I see here, I want.

Karen

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Sorry about that, it's Margo (not Marge).

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

That's beautiful! I love how you used the spindles to make the arm rests! And the decorative one on the bottom front of it. That's just absolutely charming! Perfect spot for it,the table and bench just go together. And great job on the stenciling,too.

• wired
    16 years ago

Nice, love your porch. Where's the lemonade :-)

• grittymitts
    16 years ago

Perfection personified!

Suzi

• TwoMonths
    16 years ago

If you do not have the footboard, just make a regular bench the length of the headboard and attach. Or make a corner bench as shown on the webpage.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

That is a beautiful bench--love the shape, love the design. Did it come with the design already on it, or did you paint it on? So very very pretty. Luvs

• countrygrl
    16 years ago

Lady, you've done it again. That is gorgeous! It looks like straight out of Victoria magazine! Get the cucumber sandwiches ready, and I'll have iced tea, please!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!