Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengal106

Overall Garden Planters?

Hi Everyone.
Spent the rainy weekend on this site. I am thinking if anyone would know the instructions for the overall planter it would be on this site.
Seen it years ago. You take a pair of kids overalls and make them into a planter.
Anyone have pics?
Thanks

Comments (4)

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

I made them yrs. ago but will have to go through my pics to find them.
    They are pretty easy to make and if you will go to my profile here you will see my email address. you can email me and I'll give you instructions on how I made them. Not going to post it all here.
    I'm sure some other folks will have pics and info too.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

These were the instructions listed from EHow:

Instructions

Roll up the bottom inch or two of the overall legs to create an attractive cuff. This helps balance the planter and gives the illusion of well-worn jeans.

Crumple 6- to 8-inch sections of aluminum foil into loose balls. Fill the legs and body of the overalls with balls to form the shape of an infant's body. Avoid overstuffing. Fill in around the shoulder area to hold the straps up.

Stand the jeans up on the table and readjust the foil balls until the jeans balance naturally and stand on their own.

Saturate the fabric with fabric stiffener using a large brush or soft cloth saturated with stiffener. Adjust folds and the overall shape of the jeans with your hands until you create a natural pose. Allow to dry for 24 hours.

Remove the aluminum foil balls from the inside of the bib overalls.

Coat the outside of the bib overalls with craft resin to create a hard glossy finish. Follow the instruction for mixing the resin and apply with a soft brush, beginning at the shoulder straps and working downward. Use care to get into creases and folds and cover all areas with a thin coat of resin.

Allow to dry for 24 hours. Add a plant pot or vase through the neck hole to display cut flowers or potted plants.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7706587_make-planter-out-bib-overalls.html#ixzz2YbNNOmqN

• gardengal106 Gardening In General
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Ladies

I will maybe try and get to them as soon as the weather cools here.

Thanks again.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

I used polyurthane instead of resin and used about 5 coats. Also stuffed with plastic bags instead of foil. Make sure they are really dry before you put resin or urthane especially if yu live where there is a lot of humidity.!!
    Good instructions marlene

Sponsored