Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Posse glass project

Posted by kelly_oh OH z6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 12:42

A window I had the whole fam work on, my mom, BF, myself and daughters all did a pane. What amused me was that my oldest originally told me "I don't WANT to!!" (she's 15, need I say more???) - she ended up doing 2! :)

Photobucket">

the areas with solid grout actually have glass under them, I just messed up and let the grout sit too long before trying to wipe it off. Muratic acid is a helpful product :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Posse glass project

Whoo-Hoo!!! How great to get everybody doing it!!!

o

Oooooh Ahhhhhh! Very pretty, yes indeedy. I think my fav is the one with all the squigglies. I like doing group projects.
Frou

o

Excellent! Don't ya love teenagers!
Kathy

o

Looks great!! I'm sure it makes a bright spot in the garden. Teenagers are REQUIRED to say things like that... it's in the rule book I think :)

o

Beautiful mosaic window! And even more special since the whole family was involved! Did you glue the glass globs on first with silicone, then grout?

o

Absolutely lovely! I love the colors! Most of the cheaper glass pieces here are kind of blah, although they have various shades of blue. Loooove the red ones!

o

It's awesome! I love it!! Great job!

o

That is very cool! I have never worked with grout in any form, and dont think I want to start now LOL

o

Great piece and I love the family involvement...........please share how you did it!!!!!

o

Cool!!!!!

o

It's beautiful! I've never done it but I always admired in mosaics I've seen here where people use marbles or glass gobs (or fake pearl necklaces) and then grout them. I just love the way it looks, and here you have combined it with a stained glass look and I am really loving it! Love all the colors. How totally special that the whole family joined in. Each one making a pane reminds me of a friendship quilt. I really love your window and btw I don't see anywhere you messed up. tfs.

o

WOW! LOoks like you had a great time! Great window, too! How bout some 'danglies in the open frame??? Or not. Signatures of the artists? Wonderful, fun project! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

It turned out beautiful! I bet it will look gorgeous in the garden when the sun hits it. Even better that the whole family was involved in making it. TFS!

o

What a treasure to keep forever!!

Lisa

o

that is really cute! and a good idea for everyone to get involved

o

Wow, thanks everyone!!
Yes, I just siliconed the panes, had them put the half marbles on in whatever pattern they wanted, then grouted it the next day.
Jeanne!! I can't believe I didn't even think about sparklies or danglies in the open frame!!! I must be slipping!! I'll keep my eyes open for something that just needs to be there, thanks for the idea!!

o

Very pretty! Great idea to have family work on it --great keepsake!

o

Very cute Kelly! aren't teens a trip!? You know that my two oldest are 14 and 16 now and the next is 12 and pushing it. Oy Vey!

Keep them junkin'! It's good for their souls!

~~Mimi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here