Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanatricia

Blessed !!!

nanatricia
13 years ago

I have been blessed !! There is an group of Cristian kids here in Texas Called MPACT and There was about 350 young people and 10 of them worked at my house for 3 days .They panted my house ,cut bushes and just blessed my life so much any way I have been trying to get thing back in order .Redoing and panting some garden j .I have been panting them in rainbow colors using up some spray pant .It has been fun .I will post more later for it has been raining here Pr GOD!! . Here is some things I have been doing .

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v358/nana7/?action=view&current=d52b729b.pbw

Here is a link that might be useful: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v358/nana7/?action=view&current=d52b729b.pbw

Comments (15)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm so happy for you, it goes to show, good things happen to good people. That is a cool idea painting things in rainbow pattern and a good use of leftover paint.
    Frou

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

How wonderful for you!! It must been wonderful to have their young, joyful energy to help you get some things done around the house and garden. It makes it easier for you to go forward with things that are meaningful to you, by giving you a little boost. Praise God, indeed.

I love your photos. Your rainbow-hued butterflies are beautiful. I see those everywhere - in white, but you gave yours life. I also love the grace and form of your bottle tree. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    -Sprout

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

AMEN Sister!!! Praise God!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

What a great thing to have happen for you!!! Wonderful! Love all of your yard art too...awesome bottle tree too!

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

So happy for you! There are many good teenagers out there. I really like the way you painted the butterflies--they are beautiful!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

How wonderful. I'm so glad that you got that help.
    I love love your bottle tree!
    Kathy

• shadyswing
    13 years ago

A blessing indeed! What a host of caring and sharing that these young at heart possess.

Love your garden and your... delightful rainbowing. = : D

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Now we are blessed! TFS, nanatricia! Awesome group of teens & seeing your re-vitalized GJ come to life! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How absolutely wonderful! When something good happens to you like that, doesn't it make you break down and cry out of gratitude? And how heartening to hear that teenagers are doing more than getting pregnant, getting drunk and texting on their cell phones while driving! Yes, I agree, you have been blessed. But then I imagine they have too. It is a great feeling to help someone in need and do a good job of it.

I love your rainbow pieces! Those butterflies are spectacular! And what kind of balls did you mosaic for all those cool wire thingys you painted? I can't believe they are all bowling balls! I think the rainbow colors are appropriate to match that outstanding bottle tree of yours and you sure did a wonderful job painting them so neatly. But I see you missed that cute lizard on the rocks. He is cute as can be with that rusty coloring.

Thanks for blessing us with the pictures of your wonderful creations!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I love the butterflies,I will have to give mine some of that great color! DS brought me gifts from So. Dak. & 1 is a glass ball about 6 in across inside a frame with hummingbirds in metal with hanger, will look great out back! Lizard is cute & bottle tree is beautiful! Bravo for the kids giving you a hand! Enriches both you & them!!JAN

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

What a heartwarming thing to read. Bless those kids (and the parents who raised them!) Its such a joy to hear about teenagers like this.
    I'm so happy for you too!

Your bottle tree is absolutely wonderful. I love the shape of it. And your rainbow butterflies look great.
    Wish I had your patience for painting like that.
    I have zero... give me a can of spray paint and a few minutes. I'm done! LOL

hugs, Karen

• giggles1
    13 years ago

Nana- I'd like to know about your mosaiced posies! What did you start with?

The yard looks great - the Lord is looking down upon you!

• indylisa
    13 years ago

Amen, it is nice to hear good things about young people!!
    Lisa

• nanatricia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all ! Yes it was such a blessing to work with these kids They did a great job scraping power washing and so on.My DH is on Dis and I am unable to work and my house need it bad.
    The little balls are Styrofoam I made them a long time a go .Never knew what to do with them .I am working on some more things and I did another bottle tree will post later .I did spray the bf dif colors .

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Oh Nanatricia, I am so happy for you. I truly enjoyed all your garden art. I was just thinking that maybe some of these kids are needy themselves but the church and Impact is making a change in their lifes; by working with their hands and helping those in need. What a great program, here in our valley we have a program called Student Venture and they help students by teaching them to help others. God Bless these wonderful programs!
    God Bless America