Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Rescued' Petunias in an Old Nail Keg

Posted by tasymo zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 13:02

One of my favorite places to get bargain flowers is Lowes Discount table, where the neglected flowers go... I got this pot of petunias there for $1.50. The were sad, drooping and in dire need of a good dead heading, but with a little bit of TLC, sprang back into action! The pot fit perfectly into my old nail keg, that needed something to help it hold it's shape. It's a win/win, I think!

Image link: 'Rescued' Petunias in an Old Nail Keg (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Rescued' Petunias in an Old Nail Keg

Definitely a winner!

o

What a great way to add life to an old keg, Tasymo! Kudos to you for finding the beauty in the forlorn.

o

A GREEN THUMB IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!! Beautiful...

o

Lovely, the nail keg is great and the petunias are doing great. I too cruise by the Lowes plant clearance table pretty often. This week I got 4 pink "Knock-Out" roses for $4.00, regularly $22.00 each.
Frou

o

Very pretty. You really got those 'tunias going again.

I had to chuckle cuz the footings to our porches were poured concrete in nail kegs- back in the 1920s when the house was built. Several of them were tipping and when we had the porches jacked up and the footings replaced, I got a nail keg shaped piece of concrete for my garden.

Kathy

o

Great rescue! Love the way petunias bounce back!

o

I'm usually amazed by the stuff I find discounted. I think they put droopy flowers over there and water them really well, then, while nobody's looking, they get pretty again! I picked up a pot bound, but perfect Calidium, and two lovely big hanging pots of red petunias today!!

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 3:30

So sweet! Warms my chilly bones.

o

Great save and great plant and planter!

o

The petunia clearly loves its new home with you! I love that pretty fuchsia color. Very nice setting with the keg and the old chair next to it.

o

Lowe's sometime has GREAT priceson their old plants.
One I got a whole RACK for $5.Haven't seen that kind of bargain again tho'.

o

Cute and so colorful!
I'm with you, I love Lowe's discounted flowers. They have peonies for $3 right now. Was waiting for payday before I bought them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here