Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Hijacked Sconce Idea

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

O.K., I admit I borrowed this idea from doody. But it was so darn smart of her and really easy. I found these at a GS for $2.00, they are heavy brass that someone painted pewter, so I piled on more paint and added the solar lights. I then added them to my previous curbside finds.

Frou

{{gwi:162772}}

Comments (13)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Oh yeah! LOVE them! Hey, I might have to hijack that idea as well...I think I have a couple of sconces somewhere and we could sure use the extra lighting at night. Great idea!

• doodys
    13 years ago

Glad to have helped out with ideas and yours really looks great...love all the looks on your fence...:)

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Very nice. I love that idea, planning to steal it myself. They look great on the weathered wood with your beautiful sun.
    We live out in the country so I don't have any solid wood fences, I think I'm gonna have to put up a little fence just to hang stuff on.

• tbledsaw
    13 years ago

Completely elegant and lovely. You did a great job!!!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

gardentogarden...do you have any small barn doors? I don't have wood fence (but do have the envy!) so I do barn doors..these would look great on them, too!

Great job, frou ...& I see your lovely chandi hanging in the backgrd...like the "black" on the fence...& solar besides...nice! TFS! Jeanne S.

ps ...I'm really slow at getting any GJ done this summer...I cannot seem to keep up with my gardens...ugly weather...weeds grow as fast as flowers! But better than 10 below 0! It will get better...I'm still mulching! Now we need some "dry" weather! Hoping to share blue bottle project soon! 8-)

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I like those !!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

They sure turned out nice with your sun and the hinges on your gate! I'm not a big fan of many of the solar lights but you made them look very elegant. Great job!

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Sconces are cute as can be, and I just LOVE the sun! I dont have fences either, but I do have a brown cedar-sided house (well-aged cedar LOL)
    We moved the weekend before Thanksgiving, from this 99 yr old home- all decorated for Fall..............
    {{gwi:162774}}

We moved into this, built in 1972.
    {{gwi:162776}}
    Empty yard, empty or nonexistent flower beds.
    It''s been a challenge, esp with no income!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Frou, your TWO dollar purchase is TOO terrific! Looks great on that fence.

Cindy, you do have a challenge ahead. But I know you will
    make it thru, and with shining colors. And hopefully enjoy the journey as you create new gardens and decor.

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the flattering comments. Cindy, your new house looks like a blank slate for you to do anything your heart desires. As for the no income part a little creativity and a lot of elbow grease go a long way. I know how you feel, 13 years ago we moved to Arkansas and I sold my 125 year old Victorian farm house I had worked years restoring and decorating and so on. I was heart broken at first, we move into a brand new smallish house on a very small lot. Over time I've come to think this is my favorite of the five houses I've lived in over the years. I used to have a sign that said "Bloom where you are planted", which I changed to "Bloom to where you are transplanted". It fits me, DH says I've moved some of my plants so much that I've worn the roots off them.
    Frou

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I too will hijack this awesome idea, yours looks awesome where you put it! Love your new house, GramaCindy, I love a challenge! I think I have redone EVERYTHING in the yard of this house we now are in, Dh is always saying...if it isn't broke, don't fix it, but I like my ideas better!!! This is the first time I ever felt "Planted" in this place(5yrs) and it's cuz I have been making it my "own"...the pond really "claimed" it for me!heh heh! And I am working on my "Cait inspired> Secret Garden" a hidden 1/4acre!!! I just love and am grateful for all the great inspiration I get from this forum!!!

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

I really, really like this, I am now on the hunt for a Chandi, see yours too. I have a blank wall I have to do something with and what better place to get ideas then from each other. That's called a Compliment not a HiJack, hehe

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

• crazyone
    13 years ago

what did you make the scones out of? light fixtures for a garage?

Sponsored
Trillium Gardens, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars44 Reviews
Richmond Area's Trusted Landscape Contractors | Best of Houzz