My metal vase I found at a GS last weekend for $1

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I would love to paint these teacup planters, can I sand the gloss off and paint them?????
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I fell in love with this sun, but the face was broken and glued back, any ideas on how to make it look better??

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdhouses, Plate Flowers, Totems-Back Yard

Wow, you really have a lot of great stuff. Love those leaves on the plate flowers.

There are paints for terracotta at the craft store, I would try those on the sun. Use a speckled or brushed faux finish with a two or three colors to make the breaks look like part of the piece.

There are paints for glass that you could try on the teacups. I've attached a link about using them on tile and it sounds like it would work on the teacups but I've not tried them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Using glass paint

o

Wow! What a display of garden bling you have Dolly! So many wonderful things to look at and drool over. Love the planters, the birdhouses and your metal trellises. Your totems are great and I actually stole your Lady Liberty for my "to make" file! Your giant hosta is beautiful too and all of your other plants.

About your question about the teacup feeders...yes, you can sand them, then prime and paint them. The sun is wonderful and I think you could just paint over his face with craft paint, then put a spray finish of poly over it.

Thanks for sharing your yard with us! And all of your garden goodies!

o

Yep, the backyard looks as pretty as the front. You have lots and lots of great garden junk and your flower beds are nice and neat, great yard.
Frou

o

I like everything!!!! Great job...hard work as we all know!!!

Lisa

o

some really great treasures you have! I love your groupings!

o

I love your giant flowers that look like there made out of plates.Are those plastic or glass plates and how did you assemble them??? also the totem made out of clear glass items what kind of glue did you use on them ..
I think you whole place looks so awsome.. thanks for sharing it with us !

o

Thanks Deanna for booting this post back up. I missed it the first time around. Dollydee sure does have some wonderful stuff!

o

Deanna... I used the info in the link below when I started learning how to make the plate flowers. They are glass, as are the stacked totems.

Luna...thanks! I need to get busy, I've got so much stashed I really need to be working on more of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plate Flower Info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here