nanatricia

how to flowers

nanatricia
11 years ago

I hope I can do this justice !

Comments (12)

• flowers12
    11 years ago

I love these! So you cut a can in half and cut the petals then take the bottom and cut the fringy part? then wire them together? I'm going to try it today. Thank you so much for your instructions.
    Marilyn

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

So cute!! thanks for the pics.

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks! I printed them off so I can make some as GF is crazy about sunflowers! She will love them & they don't need water! Jan

• rosiew
    11 years ago

Thanks so much! Love how you do the centers! How did you paint them - what product (s)? And what sort of scissors did you use? One more ? - did you use needle nose pliers to do the curves? Okay, I'm finished, for now.

Have some fun young friends coming Thursday. Will have supplies ready. They'll love them.

Rosie

• nanatricia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I sprayed them with spray pant . Some of them I touch up with out door pant.I used plain scissors and some small tin cutter for the heaver part in the lid .Yes I used needle nose pliers. I also used my fingers or a pen just something round.Have fun I just did some of the little ones .

• greylady_gardener
    11 years ago

Very nice! Thank you for showing us how. Another project to get to. :-) next on the list, right after my first totem (hopefully getting the silicone tomorrow) and cement mushrooms.

Do you put them on stems or fasten them to a fence/wall/house, etc.? I can see the wire behind the one flower, but not sure if that is supposed to be for sticking it into the ground or what.

• nonacook
    11 years ago

I have cut 7 of the 'flower petal' pieces, and 4 of the center pieces. They are fun to do. Edges don't seem sharp at all. 6 of mine are the thin petals like the upside down one with the wire, in the first photo.
    Possibly ever thinner. They curl as I cut. no pliers.
    I just bought some metal shears at HDepot to use in cutting the plastic flowers. They are short handled and work great for the plastic and the metal. I will be trying them on gallon cans soon and hope I have as much luck as I have had with the soda cans.
    I, too, would like to know about your stems....What you used and how you fastened them on.

• cnm1
    11 years ago

These are great. I may have to switch to diet pepsi in cans not bottles!!

• G Cunningham
    6 years ago

I would love to have the directions! Thanks in advance

gcunningham101@gmail.com

• steiconi
    6 years ago

GC, the directions are just the pictures; cut flowers, wire them together.

• Margaret Donnellan
    last year

Very good work

Sponsored