Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 13:54

I hope I can do this justice !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to flowers 2

I hope you can understand all of this

o
RE: how to flowers

I love these! So you cut a can in half and cut the petals then take the bottom and cut the fringy part? then wire them together? I'm going to try it today. Thank you so much for your instructions.
Marilyn

o

• Posted by sorie6 5 colorado (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 22:20

So cute!! thanks for the pics.

o

Thanks! I printed them off so I can make some as GF is crazy about sunflowers! She will love them & they don't need water! Jan

o

Thanks so much! Love how you do the centers! How did you paint them - what product (s)? And what sort of scissors did you use? One more ? - did you use needle nose pliers to do the curves? Okay, I'm finished, for now.

Have some fun young friends coming Thursday. Will have supplies ready. They'll love them.

Rosie

o

I sprayed them with spray pant . Some of them I touch up with out door pant.I used plain scissors and some small tin cutter for the heaver part in the lid .Yes I used needle nose pliers. I also used my fingers or a pen just something round.Have fun I just did some of the little ones .

o

Very nice! Thank you for showing us how. Another project to get to. :-) next on the list, right after my first totem (hopefully getting the silicone tomorrow) and cement mushrooms.

Do you put them on stems or fasten them to a fence/wall/house, etc.? I can see the wire behind the one flower, but not sure if that is supposed to be for sticking it into the ground or what.

o

I have cut 7 of the 'flower petal' pieces, and 4 of the center pieces. They are fun to do. Edges don't seem sharp at all. 6 of mine are the thin petals like the upside down one with the wire, in the first photo.
Possibly ever thinner. They curl as I cut. no pliers.
I just bought some metal shears at HDepot to use in cutting the plastic flowers. They are short handled and work great for the plastic and the metal. I will be trying them on gallon cans soon and hope I have as much luck as I have had with the soda cans.
I, too, would like to know about your stems....What you used and how you fastened them on.

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 19:17

These are great. I may have to switch to diet pepsi in cans not bottles!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here