Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deb_kozuszek

windchime

Deb Kozuszek
13 years ago

{{gwi:163205}}

This windchime is made from a candy dish lid and plastic beads with brass bells on the bottom--it really shines in the sun.

Comments (23)

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

How unique. I really like it. Its been raining here all day, I may try to make it to my studio and go thru my stast for candy dish lids, I think I have some glass prisms.(never seen the plastic) and not sure about what to use for bells.
    Great idea and great job.

• oldgardener_2009
    13 years ago

How pretty!

• doodys
    13 years ago

that's gorgeous.Is that a metal strip attached to the glass lid?

• Deb Kozuszek
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the compliments! It is wire that I scronged off of something!

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Oh My!!!! That is really pretty! Bet the sun bounces off the glass!

Thanks for sharing

Sylvia

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!! How are the prisms attached to the lid?
    Thanks-
    -Sprout

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Very lovely! Ah, the talent here never ceases to amaze me!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very pretty...we need some detailed instructions...looks like metal & screws around the candy dish lid? Bet this looks very, very pretty in the sunshine! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely & bet it sounds good too! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Yes do give more details! It looks like a jellyfish to me (hope you are not offended I think they are very beautiful - just don't want to meet one when I'm swimming)
    I've never seen such pretty plastic beads.
    Kathy

• doodys
    13 years ago

How are the 'danglies' attached? did u drill holes around the rim of the glass lid?

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

LOVE this! Really pretty design...and I'll bet it does sparkle in the sun! TFS!

• Deb Kozuszek
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! I used a part from a light fixture (it is glued with GE11 and has screws in it. The prisms came in one long piece.
    {{gwi:163206}}

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is wonderful. I just saved the photo to add to one of our inspiration albums! You did a beautiful job, and I'd never have guessed the prisms are plastic! I'd love to find some of those to play with.

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love that, it is so pretty and sparkley. Thanks for the second pic, that really clears up the questions on how it was made. Thanks for sharing.
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Absolutely Gorgeous............gonna put that idea on my TO_DO list......as if I wasn't full already. I need more hours in every day.

• gwenb
    13 years ago

Beautiful! You are so creative!!!

• Deb Kozuszek
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! You all make me feel so good! I forgot to mention that the prizm strand is wired in to the metal lid.

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm in LOVE!!!! Three of my favorite things in one: 1. SPARKLIES 2. BELLS and 3. repurposing everyday things!!!!! I love this so much, I may have to give up this crystal necklace and bracelet set I bought a few years ago at a garage sale. Three strands each, I think they are kinda old, and so gorgeous. I just don't wear them - I work for a construction type company so lots of bling isn't really expected in the office :). Oh, I soooo love this, I may be obsessed until I get a candy dish lid. Mom has a few dishes, I wonder if she'd notice if the lids went missing.......

• Deb Kozuszek
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have a bunch of old jewelry (ys $3 for a big box)BUT I can't seem to tear up the older and prettier necklaces!! LOL I don't wear jewelry so I just take it out once in a while and look at it!!

• marleneann
    13 years ago

That is SO pretty.

• plumnellyga
    13 years ago

Lovely eye candy!

• pondgal
    13 years ago

I LOVE IT!!!!

What a coincidence you posted this. A few years ago, I'm talking maybe 5 or 6 years there was a suncatcher craze. We made them from a wire fruit basket from the $$$$$$ store, fishline, plastic beads, and cut squares of mirrors. They were really funky.

Anyhow I haven't been to this site in a loooong time and was here yesterday, saw the Sparklers, and they reminded me of the suncatchers. Well I dug some of my junk out last night and started one today. I can't wait to get it finished. Yours is another inspiration of other things to follow. Thanks for posting. :)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH