Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
windchime

Posted by gmadeb (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 14:04

Photobucket
This windchime is made from a candy dish lid and plastic beads with brass bells on the bottom--it really shines in the sun.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: windchime

How unique. I really like it. Its been raining here all day, I may try to make it to my studio and go thru my stast for candy dish lids, I think I have some glass prisms.(never seen the plastic) and not sure about what to use for bells.
Great idea and great job.

o

How pretty!

o

that's gorgeous.Is that a metal strip attached to the glass lid?

o

Thanks for the compliments! It is wire that I scronged off of something!

o

Oh My!!!! That is really pretty! Bet the sun bounces off the glass!

Thanks for sharing

Sylvia

o

Gorgeous!! How are the prisms attached to the lid?
Thanks-
-Sprout

o

Very lovely! Ah, the talent here never ceases to amaze me!

o

Very pretty...we need some detailed instructions...looks like metal & screws around the candy dish lid? Bet this looks very, very pretty in the sunshine! Jeanne S.

o

Lovely & bet it sounds good too! Jan

o

Yes do give more details! It looks like a jellyfish to me (hope you are not offended I think they are very beautiful - just don't want to meet one when I'm swimming)
I've never seen such pretty plastic beads.
Kathy

o

How are the 'danglies' attached? did u drill holes around the rim of the glass lid?

o

LOVE this! Really pretty design...and I'll bet it does sparkle in the sun! TFS!

o

Thanks! I used a part from a light fixture (it is glued with GE11 and has screws in it. The prisms came in one long piece.
Photobucket

o

That is wonderful. I just saved the photo to add to one of our inspiration albums! You did a beautiful job, and I'd never have guessed the prisms are plastic! I'd love to find some of those to play with.

hugs, Karen

o

I love that, it is so pretty and sparkley. Thanks for the second pic, that really clears up the questions on how it was made. Thanks for sharing.
Frou

o

Absolutely Gorgeous............gonna put that idea on my TO_DO list......as if I wasn't full already. I need more hours in every day.

o

Beautiful! You are so creative!!!

o

Thanks! You all make me feel so good! I forgot to mention that the prizm strand is wired in to the metal lid.

o

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm in LOVE!!!! Three of my favorite things in one: 1. SPARKLIES 2. BELLS and 3. repurposing everyday things!!!!! I love this so much, I may have to give up this crystal necklace and bracelet set I bought a few years ago at a garage sale. Three strands each, I think they are kinda old, and so gorgeous. I just don't wear them - I work for a construction type company so lots of bling isn't really expected in the office :). Oh, I soooo love this, I may be obsessed until I get a candy dish lid. Mom has a few dishes, I wonder if she'd notice if the lids went missing.......

o

I have a bunch of old jewelry (ys $3 for a big box)BUT I can't seem to tear up the older and prettier necklaces!! LOL I don't wear jewelry so I just take it out once in a while and look at it!!

o

That is SO pretty.

o

Lovely eye candy!

o

I LOVE IT!!!!

What a coincidence you posted this. A few years ago, I'm talking maybe 5 or 6 years there was a suncatcher craze. We made them from a wire fruit basket from the $$$$$$ store, fishline, plastic beads, and cut squares of mirrors. They were really funky.

Anyhow I haven't been to this site in a loooong time and was here yesterday, saw the Sparklers, and they reminded me of the suncatchers. Well I dug some of my junk out last night and started one today. I can't wait to get it finished. Yours is another inspiration of other things to follow. Thanks for posting. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here