Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterfly (fruit) feeder

Posted by sprout_wi z4 WI (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 31, 10 at 14:12

Just a quickie- A pretty bowl glued onto a bud vase and slid onto a 1/2 inch metal rod.

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterfly (fruit) feeder

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Dinner is served

Dinner is served.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dinner is served

o
RE: Butterfly feeder

SORRY!! Here you go-

Here is a link that might be useful: feeder

o
RE: Butterfly (fruit) feeder

I have never thought of a fruit feeder. That's a good idea.

o

Wow, another great creation! So pretty and practical.

o

Very pretty and extremely practical! I'll bet the birds love you! Can I ask you how you keep your budvases straight on the pipes?

o

The bud vase seemed to fit the 1/2" pipe quite snugly. I actually had to push. I was thinking otherwise I might have to add some putty to the top of the pipe, before adding the vase.

o

What a pretty dish!!!!
I have tried to use fruit, but here in the humid South,
there are too many flies and bugs.

I take some of my budvases with me to buy conduit, rebar
or pvc to fit. When it fits snugly, it stays straight.

o

So pretty!! and I'm with Nona, the flies in the South are horrible! They would completely cover the fruit!

o

Very pretty!!

o

sprout...I'm ready to sit down in your flower garden & share lunch with the butterflies! LOL! Good idea & the dish is beautiful. DH makes fruit feeders out of old barnwood for the Orioles mainly...but Purple Finch & Catbirds also enjoy the grape jelly & orange halves. TFS your idea! Jeanne S.

o

How simple yet so pretty! I want to be a bird or butterfly! lol! I will have to remember nonacook's advise to take bud vases with me to buy the conduit, rebar or pvc to make sure it fits.

LOL, Linda! That 2nd link is to my Facebook page if anyone is interested in adding me as a friend on Facebook.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here