Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creepy? garden junk

Posted by indigosunshine z4 WI (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 14:40

My boys think this just creepy and that I have gone over the edge with my garden junk!! I don't know.....I kinda like it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creepy? garden junk

Personally, I vote with your boys.

o

hahaha I would jump if I came around a courner and saw it, then I would laugh, say OMG; who would do that?!!!! hahaha

o

Sorry Indigo, but I agree with your boys as well, but then again, all of the planter heads I've seen creep me out. I say, if you like, then you go for it!

o

I like the planted heads myself. I have a blue one on my porch as we speak. It has a large red spike and some sedum planted in it. They are a little creepy, but that just makes them interesting.

o

I like creepy! I have a zombie garden gnome...he's in the house, not outside, cuz I'm afraid someone would steal him, but I put him out for a photo op...

o

I found some doll "body parts" (head, arms and legs) and partially buried them in a pot, kinda like a shallow grave gone bad!
When I bought them myy hubby said "why?" My answer "You know. It's for the plants!" He just kind of shrugged and shook his head! LOL Nancy

o

Baby dolls seem to be a sort of a provocative icon, especially when they are missing parts or broken and used as 'art supplies.'. I think this comes from movies using dolls or clowns as scary elements.
Some artists use doll parts as sculpture to "highlight how much money is spent on plastic children’s toys every year which are then chucked away."
People who are thrilled by vampire and zombie culture are attracted to these dolls as art,.. and garden art. It's a real craze now and you'll see them on Pinterest and Etsy, but at the same time, you'll get a strong response one way or the other, if you use these dolls in your garden! ~~ Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Flea Market Gardening

o

Personally, I LOVE it!

o

I love it. I love anything that is not the norm. Interesting pots are a must for me.

o

It's horrible. I love it!!! :) (I just scooted over here from the hypertufa forum. You people are so much fun.)

o

I agree that it is a little creepy, but i like it. I laughed out loud when i scrolled down to the picture. I love the head planters but haven't figured out how to make one for myself. You may have solved my problem.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here