Cement Crosses

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 15:08

Trying to post pics again!!

Image link: Cement Crosses (5 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cement Crosses

That is very pretty, is that staind glass on it?
Frou

o

Yes it is stained glass

o

I sent you an email oldcrafty about posting pictures...I hope it will help. What I can see is really beautiful!! Did you make these cement crosses yourself? If so, we need details and instructions please!

o

Those are all very pretty!

o

Oh those are beautiful! I would love to see the rest of your Crosses, but larger, I am sure the detailed work you did will be a sight to behold!

NanaGrandma

o

Beautiful! Jan

o

Very pretty! Is the angel a little statue? I'm with the other folks that would like to see bigger pictures. These old eyes need HUGE pictures. lol! Keep those pictures coming in any size!

o

Lovely job, I want to make a very large one for my yard, was thinking of a celtic one,oh about 5ft high!!! Can I hear an AMEN!? Thanks for posting, I forgot about that project/idea!!!heh heh!

o

I went on line and ordered a cement mold after seeing and buying one already made at a craft show. Just loved the one I bought and decided I needed more. So far have made about 20 and most of them have been given away! Full strenghth cement was too heavy so I add Vermiculite in place of some of the sand and makes easier to handle as they don't weigh so much. On the flat ones with no figurine I put the glas in first and pour the cement on top, let cure 24 hours and then flip out of the mold. I have been a real regular at GS's and thrift shops looking for "just right" figurines to put in the centers. The one posted is a ceramic angle that used to be a shelf sitter. This one was made for a relative that had breast cancer. Told her that was her guardian angel. My ideas are running wild, I have one with a ceremic rose, a little girl figurine, a wall cross with a little boy praying for a toddler, birds, and I want to do one with deer antlers. for those done with figurines I pour the cement in, place the figure where I want it and let cure. Then I glue on the glas, let cure, then grout, let cure and then seal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here