Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's what I did with my rock wall...

Posted by lynnmariep86 8 DFW (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 15:09

I posted this in the Texas forum and someone thought ya'll would like it, so here is my project from yesterday...

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/txgard/msg0721562123899.html?1835

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas forum posting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's what I did with my rock wall...

That is just to cool I love that idea.COOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

o

I like how they look like they are open. They really do look like windows. Awesome job and thanks for sharing on the junk forum! I'd love to see it once you have the planters done.

o

I am TOTALLY in love with your rock/wood wall/fence!!!

Great mirror art! Love it! And with a wall like that, you can add to it for many yrs! (if you wish). TFS! Jeanne S.

o

You did a great job of making them look like windows, hope you will paint the plywood that is backing the mirrors & seal edges well, plywood is glued wood & will come apart out in weather unless you seal edges & back with paint so moisture can't get in. Will make your wall really lovely & full of personality. Jan

o

Thanks for the good advice, Jan. I will do that before I hang them.

o

I LOVE this!!! excellent job!! be careful, hanging around the Junk forum may make you a convert, you do have a lovely huge canvas to work with on that fence!!! :)

o

Looking forward to seeing them mounted. Great idea with the open window look. I'm hoping to introduce some mirrors to my garden eventually. Thank you for the inspiration.

o

I hate to be a spoil sport here and I'm hesitant to write this because I'm not a regular here. I love the look of mirrors in the yard, but they are dangerous to birds. They can fly right into them. Just something to think about.

o

Mscsippy, that was the first thing I thought of when I first read that someone put a mirror in their garden. But I keep reading time and again that people who have mirrors in their gardens never have a problem with the birds flying into them. The worst problem they have had are birds who preen in front of them. Birds must be smarter than we think.

o

I hope that's the case luna.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here