Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dinajean_gw

Clay Pot Angel

dinajean(SCzone7b)
16 years ago

I have been living out of boxes for a LONG time, it is like Christmas every day. I found this which I made about 5 years ago! I just love her....now I need to find my supply list to make her. Isn't she just the sweetest thing???

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:164392}}

Comments (20)

• phyllis__mn
    16 years ago

Oh, she's a darling....now we want supplies and instructions!

• gbgirl52
    16 years ago

she is really cute! i've had intentions of making one similar to her but haven't got it done yet...maybe your posting will inspire me to get it done. there are so many cute things to make with clay pots!

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

Oh that's just too cute!

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

As soon as I find the instructions either on my computer back-up disc or in a box somewhere, I will post them!

• shysue
    16 years ago

Love her! I can't wait for those instructions.

• katladie
    16 years ago

Toooooooo cute, can't wait to make her.

• proudmary56
    16 years ago

Yes,I would love to have the instructions too. She is lovely.

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Still looking for the instructions. My stuff has been in storage since last March, just sorting through the boxes now. I WILL post the instructions as soon as I find them! I have another cute craft I made that I will post a pix of as soon as I find IT and the instructions - it is a beehive made with jute twine and it is sooooo cute also. Hang in for the instructions!

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I found the instructions!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here you go, ENJOY!
    I also have it in a PDF if anyone wants me to e-mail that to them if this J-peg isnt clear, just tell me your e-mail and I will send it. I dont know how to make a link to a PDF here in the forum?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:164394}}

• new2zone7
    16 years ago

That is adorable,it is going on my expanding list of to-do's. Thanks for taking the time looking for and posting the instructions. You guys are so creative on this forum.

• proudmary56
    16 years ago

Wow! Thanks so much.

• syllabus
    16 years ago

Dianajean, thank you for posting the angel! She is lovely & it will be fun & easy to make a couple of these.

You also mentioned having instructions for a bee hive made out of jute. Would it be possible for you to also post those along w/ a picture? I would love to see it as I have a small collection of bee hives & skeps.

Thanks!

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

I love it and especially because ishe just has eyes

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Syllabus....Yes I will post the instructions once I find THEM. I made one beehive, and I half-a** wrote the supplies down, but not all of them. I have the supplies in a box, and I have the completed project in another box, so as soon as I come across I will post a pix and the instructions. It is adorable!!!! I think I was meant for this forum, I was just poking around through the trailer that needs to be unloaded and realized I AM A PACK-RAT!!!!!
    Hang tight, I will get it to you!

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Syllabus-------

I FINALLY found my beehive craft I made.....Here is a pix, if you need any directions, I can probably rattle off, I dont have them written down, but it is REALLY easy, you can probably see that from the picture.

Let me know what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:164396}}

• shysue
    16 years ago

Dinajean, I love your pot angel. Thanks so much for the instructions. Also love the beehive. Can I ask what what you wrapped the jute around to to get your hive shape?

• TwoMonths
    16 years ago

It looks like it is wrapped around an egg shape. I saw one once that was made of jute rope and twine. Just coil the rope and sew it together with the twine like you do the baskets made of coils of rope or material. No instructions in my stuff but I think it is easy...just use your minds eye and make it to shape. Make the top part and bottom coil seperate and then put together and decorate. If anyone makes one, please post instructions and pics.

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi shysue -

I wrapped the jute around an egg shaped styrafoam. I knotted together a piece of jute for the top to hang it, poked a hole in the styrafoam, glued it good and glued the the rest of the jute with tacky glue as I wrapped. The bottom is just a round piece of felt and then I just glued bees and flowers and ribbons here and there. Real easy.

• shysue
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info, Dinajean. I think that is going to be on my winter projects list.

• halley_rose
    16 years ago

What would happen if when you're making the beehive, if you used a balloon blown up and once the glue has all dried, on the jute or twine, you popped the balloon? I saw Easter egg decorations once done like this but instead of jute/twine they used thread soaked in sugar water and then wrapped around the balloon and once it dried for a few days they popped the balloon.
    halley