Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two Dozen + Teapots - Options

Posted by anuparaj Portland, OR (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 15:16

Hi everyone:

So I am now the proud owner of two dozen + teapots. :) All shapes and sizes. Metal, ceramic and even porcelain....

Here's what happened. I was chatting with my neighbour about her great move from Portland to California when she happened to mention that she did not want to take her teapot collection with her. Apparnetly it was a passing thing, she sheepishly said .... :)
So I offered to take them off her hands (Super nice of her. They were for free) and lo and behold I have 20 + teapots sitting in my garage.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do with them? I was thinking about scattering them around my garden, inbetween my plants. I have very English cottage garden.
I hate totems so that's not an option.

Any ideas? Has anyone seen teapots used in a garden? Have pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two Dozen + Teapots - Options

Sounds like you acquired quite a nice haul! Do a search in the GJ search bar at the top of the page and you will find all sorts of references for teapots. Birdfeeders, Birdhouses, lamps, garden stakes, etc. Pictures are there too!

o

Oh Man! I would be in Heaven! I absolutely love teapots and making teapot totems! I have also made a birdhouse from one and have a bunch more just waiting for ideas. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

~Micki~

o

Sorry that you hate totems. There's lots of really cute teapot ones on this GJ forum.

I keep two metal teapots on this patio table ...use them for watering potted plants.

Sounds like you scored big time! Good luck! Jeanne S.

Patio Grate Table Yellow Decor 4.10

o

Here are some ideas from our inspiration photo album (see link below)

Birds Dinner n Drink by klynnnn

tea-set birdhouse chimes

Kettle of Flowers by santinha

I just had to throw a cute totem in too!
Teapot Totem by curbdiver

Purplemoon (aka Karen) put this photo album together for us. There are plenty of inspirational pictures there. Have fun and be sure to post pictures of what you do with your great collection of teapots!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk Inspiration Albums

o

do you have an herb garden? I have "herbal teapots" in my garden planted with annual herbs, and smaller ceramic teapots just as ornaments

Here is a link that might be useful: herbal teapots

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here