Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's your number?

Posted by craftygardener ON 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 15:29

Here is a quick and easy little craft to make for the garden. You just need a good sized rock, some flat sided gems/marbles and some strong glue. Form and glue your house number onto the rock and set in your garden. These are flat marbles I've had left over from other projects. I originally was thinking of adding a clear colour in between all the blue ones but for now have decided to leave it as it. What do you think?
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's your number?

Leave it as is ...... Sometimes Less is more . It's great looking ! Great job !

o

Love it...........I wouldn't add a thing and I especially like the way you made the numbers different sizes. Such a clever craft!

o

I like it with just the numbers too. I'm visualizing other rocks with names or words, just haven't got aorund to doing them yet.

o

I like everything about it - just the way it is!!
-Sprout

o

It looks great as it is!! And that is the perfect rock for this idea, too!

o

Hmmm, now ya got me thinkin - my DH made wooden signs for all the family with their last name and house number router-ed in. What a neat alternative!

Photobucket

o

I love your sign posts grandma cindy, I've been wanting to make one for my garden too, it's one of those projects that is on my list
Thanks for sharing your idea.

o

Perfect just the way it is! The blues look great together! Jan

o

Very pretty and very simple! Even I could do it! lol! Love the blue on the gray stone and the way you alternated the size of the numbers. Great job!

o

thanks everyone, and yes I am going to leave it just the way it is

o

I likes it! Will copy it! LOL!

o

A friend saw mine and asked if I would make her one for her garden. Hm-m-m I can see Christmas gifts in the making here :)

o

Very cleverly done. I'm adding this to my "to do" list because I love anything done with glass globs.
Frou

o

A friend saw mine and asked if I would make her one for her garden. Hm-m-m I can see Christmas gifts in the making here :)

...and when they say "Geez, Louise! What did you get me, a ROCK?!" you just laugh.

o

I would maybe add a flower made of the same 1/2 nuggets, with a round 1/2 marble in the middle.....

o

I like both of these a lot!
Kathy

o

calamity, I like your idea and will look into it, thanks

o

Very creative and original. Looks awesome. Got a kick from the numbers. Mine is 967. better watch out I don't sneak off with it and change the order.

o

I'll make sure I check it each day timbuck2

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

This is way cool. Adding it to my list of "to do's".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here