Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafor

My pimped out potting bench

rafor
12 years ago

So I've been adding things to my old potting bench. It was boring before and now it's filling up :) I still need something over on the upper right hand side. Looking around the garage for something but haven't come up with just the right thing yet. Also a few other yard pics.

{{gwi:164957}}

{{gwi:164958}}

{{gwi:164960}}

Comments (18)

• 9bark
    12 years ago

I can dig it!

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

Awesome yard & decorations. I'm envious !

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

If this is pimpin' then I really like it! Love the old doors and all of your accessories!

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Everything is beautiful. I love your doors.

Marylee

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Very cool!!!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ohhhh, I still love this old potting bench of yours...I remember those doors! AWESOME! Do you have any old garden hand tools that you could add to it? I see the old hinges...something rusty in your garage to add?

And your brick flower bed path/patio? is very lovely! Love the patina/moss ...your gardens lookin' GREAT! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Trade you a house in Phoenix, close to desert, guaranteed over 100 degrees every day till about Halloween...LOL.

What an oasis you have! Just beautiful. Especially the brick path.

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Purplemoon, you forgot the lovely sand/dust storm you had tonight! Hope you were spared! I loved all of the pics. That is a great potting bench & even adds to the look of the house. The green of the doors & "tools" sign really finish it off. I love the greenery & flowers around house. TFS Jan

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Love it all,good job,and good use of old doors.TFS
    Kathi

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ah yes...I did forget that whopper of a duststorm yesterday evening. Mother Nature decided to junk up Phoenix with
    50-60 mph winds and a MILE high wall of dust. Nothing like
    this monster in years here. It was pretty awesome to see the news photos.

{{gwi:164962}}

{{gwi:164964}}

hugs, Karen

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OMG I hope you ducked and covered!!!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I can't take credit for the cobblestone patio or most of the landscaping right around the house. That was all in place when we bought the house last year. The pots and planters and window boxes are my contribution though :)

Here's a before and after of my strawberry pot that I fill with impatiens:

{{gwi:164965}}

{{gwi:164966}}

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, your Impatiens are GORGEOUS! They liked your strawberry pot & wherever you planted it! TFS!

PM...saw that duststorm on our local news last night, too...looks very wicked! I can see lots of dusting in your future! Ugh! Jeanne

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOW! Your strawberry pot really filled out and looks beautiful!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

That strawberry in full bloom is just gorgeous!!! WOW.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Love your bench and all its decorations. Your garden is gorgeous and so are those totems! And I just absolutely love impatiens! I hope mine fill out as beautifully has yours.

Karen, that dust storm looks pretty scary! I can't imagine the noise it must make.

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

I love the potting bench and how super well your impatiens filled out! Wonderful!

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

The potting bench is coming along very nicely!! I'm sure it will be ever evolving as treasures come & go.

The photos of the dust storm are so unreal looking!! I just can't imagine! I'm going to have to show the hubby those. We talk about retiring to the Southwest when we're older....

I'm sooooo going to copy that idea of using a strawberry pot for impatiens, but I'll still probably kill them. I always do.

• spedigrees z4VT
    12 years ago

I, too, love your rustic potting bench and the doors behind it, Rafor. I also like your brick patio, and the strawberry pot full of impatiens is awesome.

Wow, Purplemoon, that dust storm is terrifying to look at! It must have been like a tsunami of sand!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz