Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Chandi Birdfeeder

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

It took me a long time to find a chandi that I thought was cheap enough ($5.00) and had the enough arms for me. But I held out and finally the TS man discounted this one for me. The birds, watering cans, and feeder were all TS and $tree finds. DH says he doesn't get the all white thing, but I like it.

Frou

{{gwi:165557}}

{{gwi:165558}}

{{gwi:165559}}

Comments (28)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wow! Its magnificent. I like what you did with the watering cans. Hadn't seen that before.
    Kathy

• kudzukween
    13 years ago

oh wow, i love your version, it's so wonderful :D
    kudzu/cherry

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

it's adorable!!! I love it!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

VERY COOL Frou! Love the all white and everything you put on your chandi! Great idea to hang the bird feeder off of it too! Gives me more ideas!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Love it !!!!!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Oh my...that is fantabulous! LOVE the watering cans and birdfeeder added.
    After SusieRose showed her all-white one, I had to copy the idea. I think that white just really makes a statement. And looks classy.

Sorry your DH "doesn't get it", but then again, I'm not sure they are suppose to. Most aren't wired that way, LOL.
    Our dear Kirk here excluded of course.

This goes in our bird inspiration album for sure.
    hugs, Karen

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Love it! That all white is just right, I've seen a lot of it at fancy stores this summer.

• cait1
    13 years ago

I would have never thought of spraying it all white and it is DIVINE!

Fantastic job. I love all the additions.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Turned out fantastic! It looked great all white even though it would have looked great otherwise too (I'm not a fan of brass so I would have painted the chandelier regardless). I like the addition of the watering cans. Cute idea!

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Wonnerful ah wonnerful! It looks elegant and the watering cans give it a delightful twist!

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

• rafor
    13 years ago

Love it and even love the all white even though I didn't think so at first. It grew on me. I know how you feel about finding chandeliers at a great price. I got my 1st one for $5 at Habitat for Humanity Restore and have been looking for more ever since. Haven't seen any at GW and all the ones I liked on craigslist were too expensive. I persevered and a few days ago a woman posted 3 chandeliers for 20 bucks. So I raced right over since I already have the cups and saucers I want to put on them. Now I have to get to work! There is an extra chandelier in my basement that was left by the previous owners, but it's pewter and I can't bear to paint it.

• shadyswing
    13 years ago

Whimsy in white! -I get "the all white thing", Frou... Monochrome is cool and allows the details to stand on their own without color's distraction. Nice work!

• soonergirl1968
    13 years ago

How cute!! I love it all painted white - it looks very shabby chic!!

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys. I really like the way this turned out and now I'm looking for another one. I'm thinking I might do a fairy one with fairies, houses and maybe butterflies.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

White is very "frou-frou!" PERFECT painted all white! Looks like you, frou! Love it! Think it would look great hanging alone, too! But great idea to hang the feeder!Great finds! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Great color for it! I got tired of white lattice around my strawberry bed so painted it Hunter green, guess what?? In a short time it was covered with bird poop that is white(in these parts anyway!) So now it looks awful & I am going back to white! Cute idea to put the feeder underneath, birds don't have to go far from their babies, does it get lot of shade? Neat that it has a lot of arms for houses,etc. Jan

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

I loved this when I saw it, but I've never come across a chandelier at a GS, so I figured I would never have a project like this for my own.....then yesterday I found one for $3 (there was another for $15, but I'm too cheap!!) YAY!!! It's going to be a bit tricky because it's ALL glass (even the arms!) but I'm very excited!

• coppertop367
    13 years ago

That is adorable!! love it painted white and the watering cans are great!

• bverste
    13 years ago

sorry, ladies, I am with Frou's husband with this. while the white can be nice, I like the "rustic" look the before had. but either way it is a good addition of a bed and breakfast for the birds.

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

Frou, and anyone else that's painted a chandi, did you prime first? I have one that I'm working on, I'm not sure I'll post it, tho because its for a certain friend of mine that's more into punk stuff and it probably won't be to everyone's taste. Anyway, I primed it, thinking that would be the way to go, but when I went to paint it (orange) it has took almost 2 whole cans of spray paint!!! Is that normal? Should I just plan to get 2 cans per chandi?

I like your all white chandi, Frou!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

I love the white. Very stylish!! Birds will be very happy. You did a super job.
    Where does it hang? Under a tree out in the open?
    kelly oh please post yours I'm sure we will love it.

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

hi everybody!!!! I've been missing in action,haven't posted for a long time. My first time back lookin and I come across this fantastic piece, I love.
    What a great job you did.:o)
    I'm just gonna have to try to do somthing like it. :o)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

That chandi is wonderful. I am getting so ready to do something... totem, plate flower, chandi..I don't know where to start. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Its marvelous. I too love how you used the watering cans.
    Great job.
    I never see chandi's cheap, but I guess it could happen eventually.
    Kkathy

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

If anybody has a Habitat for humanity store near you that's the best place to go. I bought a 5 arm one today for 4 bucks. hope it turns out as good as Frou's
    Carmen

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks GC for bringing forth warm memories from the summer, the chandi is now covered in snow. I've found two more chandis since then, an 8 arm and a 6 arm for $5 each. They are now awaiting their transformations. I'm thinking an octopus for one and teacups for the other.
    Frou

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

I did a tea cut one and I covered the arms with victorian roses and lots of pearls, it turned out really frou frou just like i love.I put my saucers upside down so i can see the pretty from underneath.
    Thanks for sharing
    Carmen

• crazyone
    13 years ago

carmen, please post a photo!!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting