Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tehuti

Project X is here

tehuti
15 years ago

Project X is complete (well 99% complete as the water pump needs to be tweaked a bit) and I have stalled long enough so rather than make you read through a long and tedious message  for the impatient followers of this thread -- Jump to the end for a video link.

For the rest and for those now returning from the video here is the long dreary story.

Project X is now in need of a name; some thing like A Celestial Temple of Reflection. Note the Chinese characters water and temple on the entry.

{{gwi:165776}}

Okay the plastic water tub holds about 35 gallons and was purchased at a yard sale for $1.00, (Actually I purchased five of them). Above the tub are three shelves from a BakerÂs rack (thanks to all who noticed the previous spelling error and didnÂt mention it) covered with stones (cost about $0.50 each). The Foo Dog statues have been lurking around the house for a quarter of a century (neat huh, really makes them sound old) and were a gift from my brother-in-law. The entry section is from that notorious gumball machine I picked from the trash at a yard sale  donÂt ask. The rest of the parts are similar to the pagodas I previously posted. An automotive vented brake disk, the base of a table lamp  inverted - the glass from a table lamp, free weight plates separated by sections of chain-link fence pipe, and finally a statuary head purchase for me by my DW from Ross stores (just because she was shopping) for less than $5.00.

I have left out a lot of the construction details but please note there is a center section of 2" thick wall pipe that supports the weights they do not rest on the glass. There is no weight on the glass section at all. One additional note: this garden sculpture was assembled and disassembled at least a dozen times to get everything to fit together and on the final construction all parts were leveled to produce the dripping effect from plate to plate.

If you need more info I know you will shoot me off an email  no problem.

Hope you like it.

Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: project x

Comments (23)

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

OMG Robert...that is freakin' awesome!! You amaze me with your never ending talents!

• weave1022
    15 years ago

Well Worth The Wait!
    Well Done Maynard.... Well Done Indeed!!

• kelly_oh
    15 years ago

WOW, oh WOW!! I am in love.
    Robert, will you please come visit me and make me something lovely???
    The lamp base color - gorgeous,
    the head - EXCELLENT shopping Mrs. Robert,
    the dogs - perfect!!!
    worth the wait, definitely.

• lilbluyze
    15 years ago

WHOOOOOHAAAA!!! Mind boggling!! More than just unique!! That obviously took lots of time and thought.

AJ

• proudmary56
    15 years ago

That is soooo worth the wait. I love it.

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I'm totally speechless!!!!WOW!!!! That is an awsome color of blue it just pops! I bet the water driping sounds very relaxing. Wonderful art. Thanks for letting us play along.

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

That is spectacular!!! It does deserve a beautiful name!!!

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

FABULOUS! (as always!) I really love your stuff especially the way that you carefully integrate the pieces so that there is harmony and balance in every composition.

Hmmmm.....perhaps that is the 'Temple of Eternal Harmony'? or maybe...'Unending Peace' or 'Harmonious Water'?

Enjoy! I know I did!

~~Mimi

• tehuti
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Renamed to The Great Water Temple of Mai Sun Li.

I don't know why!

Robert

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Just when I think you can't surprise, amaze, and delight me any more than you already have.....you come up with something like this!!! I am totally blown away. And how wonderful your wife bought the perfect topper for this fantastic creation.
    Robert...YOU ROCK !!

hugs, Karen

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Double Ditto all of the above!
    They just get better and better Robert.
    Your wonderful to share, I know first hand cuz I emailed you and you spilled your guts. LOL!
    Keep um coming!

• coloredthumb
    15 years ago

There isn't a word in the English language that can describe what I think and feel about The Great Water Temple of Mai Sun Li. It invokes an emotional spiritual response I can't quite explain, but it feels so goooooood.
    CT

• daisydal
    15 years ago

HOW DO YOU DO IT!!!!!You continually come up with the coolest stuff! What a great craftsman you are. I have to beg to differ with you about the name, I think it should be"HE WHO MEDITATES ON NEXT PROJECT"! You are truly a classic, Robert, wonderful creation and well worth the wait! Looks like Mrs. Robert might change your mind about doing "people"!!! She might bring home other body parts next time!!Maybe she is trying to give ya a hint!! LOL!!blessings-sherri

• tehuti
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry gang but please don't use Mrs. Robert.
    My DW is Janie.

Thanks
    Robert

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Robert - This is an amazing piece...inspired and constructed by an artist...it is WONDERFUL! I am sure you and Janie will enjoy it for a long time! Thanks for sharing Project X .... is there a Project Y in the future? Jeanne S.

• caroleena
    15 years ago

truly awesome.....especially for one who has wrestled with 2 cast iron washpots and heavy rocks for the past week trying to achieve the- APPARENTLY- impossible!

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Thanks !! Again..... You are SO Creative !!!
    I appreciate your artistic Talents and Ability
    to not only think of... Create... and then
    teach us how....
    You are a Very Special Guy !
    & a nice Garden Junk Buddy to have !!!!
    Thanks for the Pics
    and the IDeas & The instructions !
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Sorry, Janie, I didnt know your name!! Thx for letting us know Robert, although I am still kinda new here, you probably have told us before!! Anyway, great to put a name behind the help in some of your mastermind creations, you two are awesome! blessings-sherri

• sugarmaple
    15 years ago

That is so wonderful! What a great talent you have!

Colleen

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

AWESOME creation Robert!!! And love the video... it's just so nice to hear the trickling water sounds!!! It is encouraging me to get my pond built! And a fellow Janie too!!!

• msrettag
    15 years ago

Absolutely amazing, Robert! Now all you need is a Japanese Maple to go with it. Definitely x-tra special. retta

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

My goodness, Robert, what junk will you put together to create a mind boggling creation next? Are you going to open up your yard as an art gallery sometime soon? You remind me of the creative folk artists around Wisconsin, who with some idle time on their hands, eventually create awesome wonderlands of ingenious creations. I'd love to take a tour of your yard some day! I'd even pay for the privilege! Love the fountain and the name. Janie certainly did find a wonderful top for it and at an amazing price too! Please continue to amaze us with your wonderful and winsome creations!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Wow! Stupendous!
    kathy

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler