Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What could this be????

Posted by dollydee 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 16:10

I have been saving these for years..LOL Previously a fixture, there are around 20 pieces to it. The longest ones went on the bottom and it got shorter as it went up. I don't have the center rod that went through the middle but I think a bronze/brown cafe rod might fit. What would you do with it??????

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What could this be????

Well, I don't know, but they seem to have reached just the right stage of rustiness to be interesting don't they? Are the arms hollow? Can they be wired? They would make interesting garden lights, mounted on rods, two or three of them together on each vertical rod, wired to 2 watt night-light bulbs. If you could find small glass chimneys and place them over the flowers on the ends it would look like candles. With so many of them, you could create several fixtures around the garden that would look completely (I hesitate to use such an overused term) AWESOME!!

o

It was probably an old candle "tree" put together like the artificial Christmas trees with graduated sizes

o

or, you could go the opposite direction, paint the flowers in something bright, and plant something viny....

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 20:18

A wind chime?

o

They are parts to a candleabra. I have 2. Mine are a little different, but the candles went in the "flowers". Florests owned them and they were usually used in weddings and stood about 5-6 foot tall. They are old and if all the parts had been there they would be worth some money. I paid 125.00 for one of mine at auction. I've used mine in weddings twice now for nieces.

o

They are indeed the arms from a candleabra...like the swirled ones you see you used in weddings. When I first looked at the rusty ones you have here, I thought the "ends" where the candle would normally go would make a great "beak" for a GJ chicken.....can you weld?

o

Dollydee,
YES, those are the arms of a spiral candleabra! I used to work at the florist that did the flowers and rentals for my wedding. Smaller handled ones at the top graduating lengths down on a center post. Maybe you could get a length of rebar (check the diameter to make sure it would thread on your "arms")...and then like someone else suggest---weld!
Love, Jules

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here